Moms and Maids

have you been watching Tia and Tamara?

So, I'm not a bride-to-be, I am an MOH for my identical twin sister! Do you all watch Tia and Tamara on style? Is it just me or is Tamara (the birde) awful?? I get that its a big day, but she's getting annoyed at her 8 months preggo sister for not being able to participate in everything! And also, what the heck is with her complaining that she's 130lbs to her sister when her sister is preggo?!?! My sister is about 20lbs smaller than me (and I'm not even preggo so I don't have a good excuse! ha!) and my sister knows if she said anything about her losing weight to me I'd be upset!
 I don't know, I've never been a bride, only a bridesmaid, but I just think she's being quite self centered. For example, when her sister said she was too tired to go out and she said "I understand" but she had these big ol' sad puppy dog eyes! It would break my heart if I thought I was dissapointing my sister AND she can't help it! She's 8 months preggo!!! Am I wrong? What are your thoughts on this? :)

Re: have you been watching Tia and Tamara?

• edited December 2011
    I totally agree with you. I love both Tia and Tamara and remember them from their "Sister, Sister" days, but Tia is awful to her sister. The first episode consisted of Tia constantly saying "This is my day" "Tamara is slacking on her Maid of Honor duties" and so on. I can't imagine what she'll be like on her actual wedding day. Hopefully she's not as awful to her sister after the wedding is over.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I managed to watch about 5 min of it, and then I just wanted to punch Tia in the face so bad I had to change the channel. She's going to spawn a new wave of little entitled bridezillas who think it's ok to treat their loved ones like crap and I hope karma gives her what she deserves for treating her sister like that.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watched the first episode and Tia was always about "Its my day" I was there for her and she's not there for me. And if I remember correctly, Tamera wasn't much better. Both of them get annoying. I don't think I can watch much more of them. 
    Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I thought I was crazy bc when I mentioned it to my friends they were like, "Oh she stressed blah blah blah" so being stressed gives you a free ride to be a jerk? lol,
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh. I hate their show! They complain about everything. They can't handle anything! I'm stressed but you don't see me being mean about things when I don't get them my way. Have you seen both episodes so far??
    Holiday
  • snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Tamera is the one getting married, just to clarify to the responders in this thread.

That being said, I 100% agree. She is absolutely horrible. She expects her sister to do all kinds of unnecessary stuff for her and she seems to have her wedding on her mind all day and all night. I died laughing when she said "I wake up.. WEDDING! Eat lunch.. WEDDING!.. Each dinner.. WEDDING.. Go to bed"
    Who the hell does that? Get a life and stop making people miserable in yours.

She also demoted her sister from MOH to Maton of Honor instead. While both are on the same "level" ,the act of switcher her sister over was really rude and the exact thing we frown upon on this website.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_watching-tia-tamara?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:835c0eb5-d930-4c2c-a59d-272912bd4423Post:2255c45f-77b1-4feb-a2e4-e0d2f89560fc">Re: have you been watching Tia and Tamara?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure Tamera is the one getting married, just to clarify to the responders in this thread. That being said, I 100% agree. She is absolutely horrible. She expects her sister to do all kinds of unnecessary stuff for her and she seems to have her wedding on her mind all day and all night. I died laughing when she said "I wake up.. WEDDING! Eat lunch.. WEDDING!.. Each dinner.. WEDDING.. Go to bed" Who the hell does that? Get a life and stop making people miserable in yours. She also demoted her sister from MOH to Maton of Honor instead. <strong>While both are on the same "level" ,the act of switcher her sister over was really rude and the exact thing we frown upon on this website.</strong>
    Posted by snorwo3[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I just say a preview for next weeks episode and I think you're right. Tamera is getting married and Tia is having a baby... Oops ;) You get the point.  She was rude to her sister. And we do frown upon that on TK. Its so sad that they are like with each other.</div>
    Holiday
  • snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm honestly surprised at how they are in real life. On their Sister Sister show, they were adorable. In this new show, they complain a ton and are pretty spoiled/rude.

I would be a very sad person if my relationship with my sibling was like that.
  • hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was funny in the latest episode where the planner told Tamara she was $30K over budget and she freaked... she needs to realize the that could be 3 different weddings for some... She is a spoiled BRAT if you ask me!
  • edited December 2011
    Her 30K overage is very easy to explain. STOP INVITING PEOPLE!!! Those extra 70+ guests who RSVPd equal her budget overage, or she could fire Mindy Weiss! She charges 30k too and I don't think she is that good.  

Napa is  not a cheap place to get married, even if you are having a small wedding. Many of the properties there are not designed to hold 300 people, so she is going to have to pay for that kind of space in a quaint town.  Get over it and write the check.  

I just wish they would stop crying about every dern thing. That is the most stressful part of their show.  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards