Moms and Maids

Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers

I searched for months to find a classy, yet unique gift for my bridesmaids and my mother and future mother-in-law, but everything I found was either too cheesy, too expensive, or too common. Then I found a company that makes custom bracelets to any specification!!! They use antique and crystal beads and they can match any dress color; all I had to do was give them a color swatch! The company is called Broken Gypsy and the owners are so fun and easy to work with. They had a cool story to share for most of the antique beads and they made me a part of the design process!  I had such a great  experience that I needed to share!!! You can find them on Facebook or email them directly at brokengypsy13@gmail.com. The bracelets are only $68.00 each and they are so pretty that your bridesmaids will love them AND wear them often!!!!

Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers

• FYI, any part of the bridesmaid attire is generally not considered to be a good bridesmaid gift around these parts.  Ask anyone who has been a bridesmaid and they will often tell you that they never wear bridesmaid jewelry again, so something to consider.

• DpisaniDpisani member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_unique-gifts-for-bridesmaids-and-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:84f7b434-2e6a-4de8-a872-80696f48ed6bPost:ed30d2b0-cee5-493f-80fb-efdc9f148469">Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI, any part of the bridesmaid attire is generally not considered to be a good bridesmaid gift around these parts.  Ask anyone who has been a bridesmaid and they will often tell you that they never wear bridesmaid jewelry again, so something to consider.
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

I have heard that and I was nervous when my mom mentioned jewelry, but I actually own bracelets made by the same company (I had them make me some in browns and blues) and I actually wear them regularly! Thanks for that bit of advice though!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_unique-gifts-for-bridesmaids-and-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:84f7b434-2e6a-4de8-a872-80696f48ed6bPost:ed30d2b0-cee5-493f-80fb-efdc9f148469">Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI, any part of the bridesmaid attire is generally not considered to be a good bridesmaid gift around these parts.  Ask anyone who has been a bridesmaid and they will often tell you that they never wear bridesmaid jewelry again, so something to consider.

FYI, I'm from NY and around these parts, we would ONLY give our girls something that they would want to wear again..I think it's ABSOLUTE genius if there are bracelets that I can give them to wear that day and that they can wear all the time. I only want to give a gift that they love...definitely will check them out, thanks Dpisani!!
  • I smell vendors.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_unique-gifts-for-bridesmaids-and-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:84f7b434-2e6a-4de8-a872-80696f48ed6bPost:f9983213-ad8d-4967-af80-f1640a83b766">Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I smell vendors.
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

<div>Right?  Both of them joined today?  Hmmmm.</div>
  • DpisaniDpisani member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_unique-gifts-for-bridesmaids-and-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:84f7b434-2e6a-4de8-a872-80696f48ed6bPost:8c0381b4-dcd6-4432-9c10-a6fd55e91021">Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers : Right?  Both of them joined today?  Hmmmm.

First of all, I'm sure many many women joined this site yesterday. Second of all, I was under the impression that this was a place to get help and give help to women planning their weddings. SInce the moment I joined, all I've experienced are nasty women with way too much time on their hands. I'm a school teacher from New York. I wish I was a vendor...then maybe I wouldn't have to join a site like this to get ideas on how to be able to afford my wedding.
  • Uggh ... I was hoping for something good - looks like your posts were deleted by the KNOT POLICE dpasani!!!! 

What is the name of the company?   Do they have a website, I would love to see pics! 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_unique-gifts-for-bridesmaids-and-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:84f7b434-2e6a-4de8-a872-80696f48ed6bPost:b99ace17-d6af-41dc-80df-08c9ff5de0ca">Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unique gifts for bridesmaids and mothers : I have heard that and I was nervous when my mom mentioned jewelry, but I actually own bracelets made by the same company (I had them make me some in browns and blues) and I actually wear them regularly! Thanks for that bit of advice though!!!!!
    Posted by Dpisani[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards