Moms and Maids
Options

Momma Drama

My mother has slowly chipped away at our relationship for years and I have finally gotten fedup with it all and cut her out of my life. I thought with my wedding coming up in the fall I would be sad but frankly, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Now I don't have to worry about her harassing my other relatives or causing a scene. My concern is that those who don't know the history between us (my fiance's family and friends) will judge me or misunderstand why she is not present at the wedding.

I don't want to make a huge deal by communicating it to everyone "Hey, my crazy mom isn't coming!" but I also don't want to hear "where is your mother?" all night. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Momma Drama

• Options
    If anyone asks, just say, "My mother was not able to be here today.  Have you tried the bean dip?  It's delicious!"  Repeat as necessary. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_momma-drama-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8632249a-92e7-4ead-a9cc-acbec41a9138Post:d8c0580a-f2a7-4280-8c35-7f1fcbf8d3c5">Re: Momma Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]If anyone asks, just say, "My mother was not able to be here today.  Have you tried the bean dip?  It's delicious!"  Repeat as necessary. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! I'm not sure why but this made me grin from ear to ear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_momma-drama-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8632249a-92e7-4ead-a9cc-acbec41a9138Post:d8c0580a-f2a7-4280-8c35-7f1fcbf8d3c5">Re: Momma Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]If anyone asks, just say, "My mother was not able to be here today.  Have you tried the bean dip?  It's delicious!"  Repeat as necessary. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]
    I agree with this.

Two of my sisters weren't present so I did have to repeat a few times but it got around i guess because not too many people asked.
  • Options
    ditto NYU.
    And if anyone else asks you after that, say you don't want to talk about it. It's really not their business.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards