Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Boudoir

So I received something in the mail the other day from Celebrate your Sexy boudoir photography saying I'd won a $350 gift certificate ($250 to cover the shoot, and $100 towards purchase of a photo package). I emailed them and called them for more info, then looked up reviews online, and everyone on Wedding Bee was saying it's a scam, and you end up paying a bunch, because they're packages are expensive, and it's not worth it. Anyone else heard of them or had experience with them? I don't think I'll end up doing it, since it sounds like not such a great deal (plus they only will be in Dallas for 2 days next weekend).

I would like to do a boudoir photo shoot as a gift for my FI, but we're not getting married until June, so I figure that gives me time to figure out where I want to get the pictures done and have time to work out, so I look better lol. So I was wondering, for those that did boudoir, where did you get them done (I know I saw mention of Mcgowan being great), what all did you get (time, outfit changed, prints, etc), and how much did it end up costing? Any experience, insight would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

Re: Boudoir

• Options
    I used Leslie Spurlock and I LOVED her. Here's the breakdown of what I spent:
    One hour fee for photographer: 250
    Room rental fee for one hour (M Group in McKinney): 50
    Book from Shutterfly with Groupon: 30
    Outfits/Stuff to Wear: 40
    Makeup at Sephora: Free, but you have to buy a $50 gift card

I kind of wish I had gotten my hair done at Dry Bar, too since my hair was kind of lackluster. Also, I went after my lingerie shower, so I had a lot of outfits to choose from already. It would have cost a lot more in clothing if I had started from scratch.

• Options
    I had mine done prior to my wedding with the McGowans, and LOVED the experience! 
    Also, f you go to their blog, and click the Girls on Film link, they have two marathons in early 2013, one in January and one in March, and the price is cheaper than doing a session by yourself, and they have two REALLY cool locations!  

SO WORTH IT! 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I did a marathon with the McGowans like Kylie mentioned.  I didn't want some 2-hour session so it was perfect for me.  It was a 45 minute session and I got 2 outfit changes (technically, but I also added a robe and different jewelry to a couple of the poses so it changed things up a bit).  I got 10 edited images (but I was happy with the unedited ones also and used them) and then I just made a book myself on Blurb.  I want to say it was only like $75 for the session (plus the $50 or so for the book).  I did also get my hair and makeup professionally done (around $115 at Toni & Guy including tips).  I used lingerie and stuff I already had so no money spent there.  It was tons of fun!  Here is one of my headshots.

• Options
    Great! This was very helpful. I did notice the mini-marathon you mentioned. Do they give you all the digital copies (included in the price?) of your photos, so you can go get them printed or photobook where ever?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_boudoir-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e55796da-c08e-4a9c-8f52-4def1793ce48Post:12875ba5-2354-4f36-b8f5-dfa6ba2204ac">Re: Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great! This was very helpful. I did notice the mini-marathon you mentioned. Do they give you all the digital copies (included in the price?) of your photos, so you can go get them printed or photobook where ever?
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]
    Yes, you get a disc and the rights to the photos, so you can do whatever you want with them afterwards  
  • Options
    Yes I got a disc of images. I should mention that this was 2 years ago when I did mine so I'm sure it's more now than what I paid.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_boudoir-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e55796da-c08e-4a9c-8f52-4def1793ce48Post:8aca4e10-70bb-447d-85d1-d9a3b5c635da">Re:Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I got a disc of images. I should mention that this was 2 years ago when I did mine so I'm sure it's more now than what I paid.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the price has definitely gone up. For 45 min, 2 outfits, 15 digital images, it's gonna cost $425. Darn... I know it's good value and she does a good job, but that's a little pricey for me (since I've been doing an unpaid internship, so I've been spending more money on bills & whatnot than I'm bringing in)... Le sigh. The option she has for $250 is only 20 min, 1 outfit & 5 imgs, so if I go with her, I would want to do the $425 option. I'm gonna see what she has available in March, but I might look around some (maybe look into Leslie Spurlock and also keep an eye out for boudoir on Groupon & whatnot). Thanks for everyone's input! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_boudoir-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e55796da-c08e-4a9c-8f52-4def1793ce48Post:cb287c86-092c-4e23-8744-ec571a20ca04">Re:Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Boudoir : Yeah, the price has definitely gone up. For 45 min, 2 outfits, 15 digital images, it's gonna cost $425. Darn... I know it's good value and she does a good job, but that's a little pricey for me (since I've been doing an unpaid internship, so I've been spending more money on bills & whatnot than I'm bringing in)... Le sigh. The option she has for $250 is only 20 min, 1 outfit & 5 imgs, so if I go with her, I would want to do the $425 option. I'm gonna see what she has available in March, but I might look around some (maybe look into Leslie Spurlock and also keep an eye out for boudoir on Groupon & whatnot). Thanks for everyone's input! :)
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]

Whoa Nellie!  Man, I got a deal then I guess.  Just make sure you check out any Groupon photographers very thoroughly, read reviews, etc. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_boudoir-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e55796da-c08e-4a9c-8f52-4def1793ce48Post:c0659233-f4d9-40af-bca4-2db02f9526e2">Re:Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Boudoir : Whoa Nellie!  Man, I got a deal then I guess.  Just make sure you check out any Groupon photographers very thoroughly, read reviews, etc. 
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's too bad it's so darn expensive now. I looked into Leslie Spurlock & she's doing a mini session marathon, 30 min, 15 imgs, $125 (so maybe I could do 2 back to back and get an hr, 30 imgs for $250). That might be a very affordable option. No worries. If I end up checking anything out on Groupon I will definitely check out their reviews & all that before deciding. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards