Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Figment Productions Reviews?

The DJ process has been very blah for me and FI. Figment is a DJ company that we both ranked pretty highly so do any of you knotties have any reviews/opinions on them?

Re: Figment Productions Reviews?

• edited December 2011

I think everyone who has used them has loved them.  Mandaroo was the most recent Knottie to use them and she had great reviews.

We met with them, and they seemed really nice.  We just didn't really need his wife serving as a "second coordinator" since we already had one.

Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have 5 reviews of them in my notes and they all range from A to A+++.

• edited December 2011
    We used them, and I thought they did a spectacular job for the price. They did a really nice job mixing our requests in and kept people on the dance floor pretty much all night. As everyone will tell you the DJ's wife goes above and beyond to try to keep things running smoothly and helping coordinate timing, etc.

My only real complaint is that the wife sometimes gave people the wrong answers to questions instead of telling them that she didn't know. Nothing major, and i get that she probably didn't want to bother us. At one point though she reprimanded some of the kids for playing on the dance floor during dinner, which seemed really unncessary because they weren't bothering anyone at all. And some guests mentioned that they felt like she was rude to them. At one point the DJ's wife also told us that they'd had some requests for country music and wanted to know if it was ok to play them since we'd said "no country." But we never said that at all, so I think there was some miscommunication, but I'm glad that they did check in with us about it so we could clear it up.

At any rate though, considering the price and the fact that we were only able to talk to them over the phone beforehand I think they did a great job. If we'd met them beforehand and/or had a bigger budget we may have ended up going with someone else, but if you meet with them and click with them then I would say they will probably do a fine job.

ETA: Feel free to PM if you want more information.
  • AshJohnson30AshJohnson30 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_figment-productions-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e563f8da-3f3a-45b3-9411-dceed6c7434ePost:64b8afe3-e207-4b7c-877c-059adca95b3f">Re: Figment Productions Reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA: Feel free to PM if you want more information.
    Posted by nickandmerritt[/QUOTE]

yes check your PM!

thanks so much for the help ladies!! I want to be able to have a DJ finalized before the end of the year
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_figment-productions-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e563f8da-3f3a-45b3-9411-dceed6c7434ePost:a8cb51ac-4640-45a6-9ad2-2de12a2203c8">Re: Figment Productions Reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Figment Productions Reviews? : yes check your PM! thanks so much for the help ladies!! I want to be able to have a DJ finalized before the end of the year
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

YGPM back!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, also I forgot to add that they may give you a discount if you tell them you heard about them on the knot.
  • edited December 2011
    I just happened to hop on here today and saw this!

We really loved them and had no issues with them at all.  Laura was very helpful and none of our guests said anything about them negatively.  Everyone had a great time and they kept the party going for as long as we wanted.  We also had a face to face meeting with them to discuss in depth what we wanted for our reception.  They continued to follow up with me afterwards to clear anything up if necessary.  I would always recommend them. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards