Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Question from a former knottie

My husband got a job in Richardson, near George Bush and Renner. We are thinking about moving (we currently live in the Mid-Cities area). We don't know anything about that part of town. Do any of you ladies know what areas are nice and which should be avoided? We are just looking for an apartment right now. Thanks!

Re: Question from a former knottie

• Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a real touchy area. literally one side of the street is nice, and the other is government paid housing. I'll get some names for you to check out though :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Off Alma and Renner, there are some really nice apartments that some friends of mine live at - Homes of Prairie Springs I believe is the name of them.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_question-former-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e59aff43-b452-450e-b273-7c93f6c41387Post:71dabf75-3f3c-4fbb-84eb-7b720a05d245">Re: Question from a former knottie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Off Alma and Renner, there are some really nice apartments that some friends of mine live at - Homes of Prairie Springs I believe is the name of them.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

I saw these online. I always wonder how accurate the online photos are. They can be so deceiving. Good to know they look nice in person too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DH's brother used to live in an apartment complex at George Bush and Campbell (right on the Southwest Corner) and I don't think he had any complaints.  It looks nice.  It's super close to Target and Walmart and Firewheel Mall.

There is also a really nice apt complex that DH lived in before we moved in together at 75 and Campbell and his brother currently lives there now.    Its called Post Eastside.  It is apartments on top and restaurants/shoppes down below (Panera, Twisted Root, Jersey Mikes, etc.)   I absolutely loved the set up and they never had any problems.

It's a little farther from Bush/Renner but he could take Campbell down to Bush if he wanted to avoid some traffic.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Post Eastside. I know someone who lived there. Great location and it's within walking distance of so many cool places.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! I would love more ideas if anyone has any!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Richardson at Arboretum Estates on Buckingham St. There are other 3 complexes in the same street. The area is nice. I have live there for a year and a half. Let me know if you want more info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Richardson! We bought a house over by Berkner High School. I had friends that lived in that Post Eastside. Its nice and clean and has good layouts and location. I really enjoy the area because we're in between Dallas and Plano. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Sachse which is right up the street.  Not sure what you are looking (renting or buying) for but there are lots of houses for sale.
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Richardson off Renner Rd at the Marquis at Waterview close to Collin Creek Mall. I liked living in that area it was pretty quiet.

http://www.mqwaterview.net/

I also have friends that live in Seven Oaks Apartments in Garland, off Campbell Rd near George Bush.

http://sevenoaksapts.net/home.asp
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try Plano or the Addison/North Dallas area too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards