Moms and Maids
Options

opinion needed!

My fiance's brother's girlfriend (serious relationship, they have a kid together who will be the rignbearer) just told me she is going to order a dress in pearl pink and wanted to know if I liked it....

I looked up the color but it is such a pale pink and so close to white and I really don't want her sticking out in the front row like that at an October wedding!  I guess I'm just afraid she will show me up (she's ten years younger and skinnier!)

Am I being super crazy bridezilla?  Or can I gently ask her to pick a different color?  How do I go about doing this?  Why would she pick pearl pink!?>!?!?!  argghhghghgh!!!

Re: opinion needed!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_opinion-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:947f7a94-f693-44b0-8ee6-dd774b7f7a9cPost:6b056573-3d2f-4ff6-8e5c-ce68b7399e82">opinion needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance's brother's girlfriend (serious relationship, they have a kid together who will be the rignbearer) just told me she is going to order a dress in pearl pink and wanted to know if I liked it.... I looked up the color but it is such a pale pink and so close to white <strong>and I really don't want her sticking out in the front row like that at an October wedding!  I guess I'm just afraid she will show me up (she's ten years younger and skinnier!) </strong>Am I being super crazy bridezilla?  Or can I gently ask her to pick a different color?  How do I go about doing this?  Why would she pick pearl pink!?>!?!?!  argghhghghgh!!!
    Posted by olive333[/QUOTE]

This part is kind of super-crazy bridezilla- I promise no one can show up the bride.   There is no universe in which you won't 100% be the center of attention.  :)

But since she <em>asked </em>your thoughts about the color, I don't think it would be out of line to tell her you think it's a little too close to white and you think people might side-eye it both because it's too close to bridal colors and a bit weird for an October wedding.
  • Options
    I'd just ask her "Are you sure about that color for October?  It seems more like a spring color."
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    She is a guest at your wedding and not in the bridal party, so she can wear whatever she wants.
  • Options
    It's just a dress.  Nobody is going to outshine you on your wedding day, so stop worrying about it.
  • Options
    Since she did ask your opinion, maybe she had a similar concern. Depending on the level of your relationship with her, try a humerous approach such as, "you might blend into the linens!" or something along those lines. I had a similar situation (wardrobe anyway) and I told her that I wanted her to look amazing in the pictures too, so try to wear something that she will be ok looking at decades later... and pale pink when everyone else is in fall colors might be enough for her to go "you know, you're right. I'll wear pale pink to the rehearsal dinner instead." Good luck.
    PS. If there is intent behind it, which I doubt, rest assured NO ONE outshines the bride on her wedding day. :D If anything they may judge this girl on her poor color choice if it does match your dress to closely. So poor her in that case.
  • Options
    There has to be a little hesitation on her part since she did ask you about the color. I would walk along the lines that a PP suggested about it being more of a spring color, and it being an October wedding.
    Whether or not she decides to wear the dress might be something you just have to let go of.  Despite her dress, no one else will look as amazing as you will on that day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards