Moms and Maids
Options

Present HELP!

I need help with presents for my maids. Everything I seem to think of seems cheesy and just .. not right.

I've got
two 11 yr old jr BM's (sister and cousins daughter)
one MOH (best friend)
3 BM's (cousin, sister, close friend)

I just can't ... I dunno. I can't think of anything that I wouldn't think they'd throw to the side? They're all staying at my house the night before so I'm thinking things that are necessity for an overnight. Slippers, robes, loofahs, body wash... but the actual thank you present for the rehersal dinner is just coming through to me right now. So, lovelies .. what are you all doing?

Re: Present HELP!

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got me a gift card to a craft store in which I loved, I also have gotten gift cards to my favorite places to eat. So basically they shopped for my "likes". So you know them much better then us, what are their interest? Do they like to shop? (what am I saying ALL woman like to shop, lol) Are they in a sport? Are they crafty? Are they decoration freaks? Are the tech geeks? Basically, shop like its their birthday and just put an average price on what you want to spend for them. Trust me, I rather get a gift card to something I like then some random jewelry box or tote that cost the same. 
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_present?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:9cc5953d-7ee4-4abb-b6c7-c018788f7059Post:b05e5f1d-ee82-4dc5-96c3-dc1325c6405d">Re: Present HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Trust me, I rather get a gift card to something I like then some random jewelry box or tote that cost the same. 
    Posted by AutumnFair[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was 11, I loved getting things that made me feel more grown up. I got my first sterling silver locket around that age and my first set of real pearls at 13, but those were my main Christmas presents, so probably a little too much.

At that age, unless they come from a lot of money, they're probably getting all their jewelry from Claire's. I think you shoul get something simple they won't grow out of, a basic bangle, stud earrings. It doesn't have to cost a lot, when I was that age my mom used to take me to Kmart or Kohl's when the jewelry under the counter was 75% off so I could stock up on birthday gifts for parties.
  • Options
    lilianne22lilianne22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think gift cards to stores or resturants they like are a great idea, even for the Jr. Bridesmaids.  You should get them all something different that is unique to their particular likes/dislikes.  A lot of people on TK suggest shopping for them like it's their birthday.  Avoiding getting them all a monogrammed tote or something they won't use is a good idea :)  I might even skip the overnight supplies if I were you, use that money to get them a really nice thank you gift instead.  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shop for them like it was their birthday or Christmas. What are their hobbies and interests? Go from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was in the same boat you are a year ago and then I came across Thirty-One gifts. They have all sorts of totes, purses, organizational items, stationary and they even came out with a kids line. You can embroider most of the items and they are available in a ton of different patterns and styles. I ended up getting totes in different patterns for my bridesmaids and had them monogrammed with their names. Then I filled them with goodies. Tanks, flip flops, jewely for the wedding and something personal for them. For the little ones, I got the backpacks. They all still use them until this day, so it's not something they will just throw aside.

To make a long story short I ended up loving everything so much I became a consultant with the company. If you want to look at the catalog and see if you can get some ideas here is the link: Good luck! Everything will work out. :)

http://www.mythirtyone.com/tiffanys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards