Moms and Maids

Help!

Hi, I was just curious before we plan everything out...

Am I supposed to have my future brother-in-law's wife in my wedding party? He is the best man, but my own brother is not in the party? I do not know here that well, but I am sure will get to know her! Should I at least ask? I can think of honoring her in other ways in our ceremony. I am just confused about it all, and want to figure this out before we officially decide!
Anniversary

Re: Help!

• edited December 2011
    You should only ask your nearest and dearest to be in your WP.  Just b/c she is your future in-law doesn't mean you are obligated to have her in the WP.  If you want your brother, he can stand on your side.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • tseguintseguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you barely know her, don't ask.  You might not get to know her better either down the road.  Ask the people you are closet to and mean the most to you.
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto PPs  Ask the ones you're closest to (and if that includes your brother, ask him!  he can stand on your side).  I know sometimes the sister of the groom expects to be asked, but I can't image the SIL of the groom expects to be in the party...  I think you're well in the clear here.
  • caseysgirl27caseysgirl27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I'm having the same dillemma. thanks so much for asking that question and thanks so much for everyone who posted their answer. I'm having a really REALLY hard time picking out my attendants because I want to have the people who mean the most to Casey and me standing beside us on our wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards