Moms and Maids

When to give bridesmaids gifts?

Thanks to the Knot I learned-by-lurking that my gifts to my bridal party should be personal and suited to the individual which was great because I almost didn't do this and would have felt bad when I learned the proper thing to do. 

Now I'm unsure of when to give the ladies standing up with me their gifts and when to give them the necklaces I'd like them to wear with their dresses.  I'm not able to have a brunch or lunch with all of them until the day of. Would it be okay to do the gift giving at the rehearsal dinner and give them the necklaces earlier, maybe when their dresses come back from alterations?  What have others done?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Anniversary

Re: When to give bridesmaids gifts?

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rehearsal dinner is a great opportunity. This is when a lot of brides give their parents and attendants their gifts. You can also wait until the morning/afternoon of the wedding. If you don't feel comfortable doing so in public, you can certainly also do so in private with just your BMs or individually. Just do what feels right to you. 

If you are providing jewelry you'd like them to wear in addition to a more personal gift (which is what you shoudl do!), you may want to let them know (if you haven't already) this so they don't go out and buy something especially for your wedding, only to find out they bought it for no reason. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP, make sure they know about the necklace beforehand.

Other than that, the RD is when I'd give them it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards