Moms and Maids

MOB & MOG Dresses

Hey all, so I have told the moms that they can wear whatever color, style dress they feel comfortable in. My maids are wearing shamrock green chiffon dresses (we are getting married on St. Patrick's Day). Our colors are shamrock green with hints of purple. My question is if the moms should be wearing similar dresses ex. both short, both long, same fabric? Also, should they be colors that compliment each other, and the bridesmaid dresses, or what really is the protocol for the mom's dresses?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: MOB & MOG Dresses

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There really isn't a protocol.  The only thing they should consider is the formality of your wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    First off, love the color scheme! I now have Wicked playing in my head! Second, I've typically seen both the MOB and MOG wear similar colors to the WP but in different tones and shades. If they don't find anything that they like, the LBD never fails.
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-mog-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa151319-1be2-4abe-8374-fee4e89a523fPost:43c157fb-0bf9-4019-8e37-df05213f8158">Re: MOB & MOG Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]There really isn't a protocol.  The only thing they should consider is the formality of your wedding.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I have been in and to many weddings and I see ALL different manners of MOG/MOB dresses. Some are similar to WP, some are not, some have totally different lengths, fabric, etc, some are similar. There is no protocol for how MOG/MOB should be related so whatever they feel beautiful in that is what they should choose along with what jagore said.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    The MOB and MOG should choose color and style that suits their individual tastes. They don't have to match or complement each other, the wedding party or the decor. Some brides worry about the wedding photos, but rarely are the parents photographed with the entire wedding party.

You gave the moms the right answer. They should wear whatever they love.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-mog-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa151319-1be2-4abe-8374-fee4e89a523fPost:62d16d04-8fe4-440f-b3ff-ccf82ef62d55">Re: MOB & MOG Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]The MOB and MOG should choose color and style that suits their individual tastes. They don't have to match or complement each other, the wedding party or the decor. Some brides worry about the wedding photos, but rarely are the parents photographed with the entire wedding party. You gave the moms the right answer. They should wear whatever they love.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

This....
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • lilred3632lilred3632 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! that's what I was thinking as well, but wanted to make sure I was on the right track!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards