Moms and Maids

My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!

2»

Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!

• Wow. I think this family has WAY more problems than what can be dealt with on a wedding messageboard. 

While we don't know the OP personally, the picture she's painting of herself is of a petty, selfish, manipulative, overly-dramatic, controlling, and a martyr.  Maybe she's not like that, but so far, that's what her behavior is telling us she is.  And she's not doing anything to make us think anything otherwise.  Truthfully, I can see why she's not invoving her mother in decisions she's making. I wouldn't either if I knew she was going behind my back on the internet and bashing me and those decisions.  That would be a major breach of trust for me, one that I doubt would ever be repaired.

I also don't know for sure who FallingToPieces really is, but if she IS the sister of this bride, then I think we know now why she's not MOH, and why the bride is afraid to tell her.
  • Do you people really think you're going to hurt my feelings because you have nothing better to do than to sit there and make attempts to trash my mother and myself? It seems to me that this site is full of a bunch of grown women still trying to bully their way through life.
  • I totally support this bride in her decisions.  I believe she chose her MOH for her reasons and I hope she has a wonderful wedding.   I am sure she can use all the prayers we can give her. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-daughters-choice-of-moh-is-driving-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa25464b-46d1-4866-ab57-3c7c0784f6a7Post:2b93edf9-fe00-409b-ad03-037779ea2048">Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you people really think you're going to hurt my feelings because you have nothing better to do than to sit there and make attempts to trash my mother and myself? It seems to me that this site is full of a bunch of grown women still trying to bully their way through life.
    Posted by Fallingtopieces[/QUOTE]

Apparently we are hurting your feelings. Why else would you come here and demand that people only say nice things about her?
  • I like the post that she says the knotties are bullies and it was clearly the mother trying to bully her daughters way into being MOH for her other daughter.  Now the daughter is here trying to bully the knotties.

I pray for the bride to run far and fast and make her own wonderful life.
  • You're welcome, Stage.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-daughters-choice-of-moh-is-driving-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa25464b-46d1-4866-ab57-3c7c0784f6a7Post:87477922-b69a-4120-a998-5601d1e766f5">Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!! : Why wouldn't I? She is my mother. And I do not appreciate the garbage you people are saying about her. I don't think I was clear enough before: find a nicer way to say things.
    Posted by Fallingtopieces[/QUOTE]

Please reread the thread. I was trying to tell your mom- in a nice way -that she should let your sister plan her own wedding. It will be easier for everybody. But she came out swinging.

I am actually concerned about your mother. She seems to be having a difficult time right now and could probably use some support. If you want to help, encourage her to talk to her minister or her doctor. Please, please don't feed into the idea that you are hurt at not being your sisters MOH.

• Ive seen someone on both sides of the spectrum.....the wedding planning is stressful enough....MOB let it go because you have enugh to stress about....someone  mentionned that u two were being judgemental....please tell her to kiss your ass!....im a bride and i can see where you are coming from....unfortunately this my just be one of the things she may regret after....she's a grown woman so let her.....that may be the case if and/or when your other daughter marries.....like you said you were going to do (reluctantly)...gift her the money and plan to enjoy a memorable day....the only real mistake i see you making is the shot you took at others on this board......you all are NOT the only close knit family....and I honestly believe that you can be too close knit..another thing is...is the sister being there so much for her strictly because she is her sister and doing it from the heart or because she wants to "win" the role?....
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Aw man, I was hoping I could make a fake username to pretend to be the daughter but someone beat me to it :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • emeejeeayen  You can be the other daughter if you want to.  Go all BSC on everyone because you did not get your way.  
  • Yes you are wrong for wanting your daughter to plan her wedding your way. Maybe she’s closer to that manipulative girl with little money. Stay out of it, tell your husband and your mother that it’s your daughter’s decision and at least she included her sister in the BP.  No reason why the family should fall apart over BP titles. I think you’re being overly dramatic here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-daughters-choice-of-moh-is-driving-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa25464b-46d1-4866-ab57-3c7c0784f6a7Post:873d3348-17e2-4033-a50e-397318d51129">Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Everybody needs to cool it, and yesterday.  No more cursing, no more personal attacks. <strong> If The Knot Gods have a problem with me saying so tomorrow, they can deal with ME then. Chill out, or I will close this thread. Or start hitting ban buttons</strong>.  The Knot gets to decide whether to make that permanent or not, but some of you seem to need the time to cool off.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
    I had to laugh when I read this!!!  I had made it to the bottom of the thread and was just thinking this thread has gone way over the top!!!<div>
    </div><div>OP; Please try to remember that this is your DAUGHTER's wedding as PP have said. And when it's all said and done it's really just a big party. Nothing to make the world stop spinning</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-daughters-choice-of-moh-is-driving-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa25464b-46d1-4866-ab57-3c7c0784f6a7Post:f7482322-a064-48e6-a11a-0cd1c05227e9">Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My daughters choice of MOH is driving me CRAZY!!!!! : Please do not assume I do not have a close family.  We are incredibly close and always have been.  INCREDIBLY close.  We mean everything to each other.  How does letting a couple plan their own wedding and keeping our noses out of who our DDs choose as their MOH mean we don't have close families?  You are sadly mistaken.  No need to feel sorry for my family, you just didn't get the validation you wanted so you are striking out.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

boy, that one is a real victim, isn't she?
  • Okay OP, here's me experience:

I was guilted into having my sister as my MOH for my first wedding. We are not close, never have been but as my only sister, it was expected that she be in the wedding. Things did not go well - the wedding was about everyone else getting what they wanted and we had no say.

My sister and I no longer speak - she is choosing to stay in an abusive relationship because she 'doesn't want to end up like me' (read: divorced). I tried to help her and her kids get out, and that's how she thanked me.

I had some dark times after my marriage ended, but have found a wonderful man to share my life with. We will have the wedding WE want, not the one we're guilted into having.

My advice to you (and your hurt daughter): get over yourselves. Be happy that the bride has found someone wonderful to share her life with, and has chosen her friends to stand beside her. You are her family, support her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to all of my friends fittings (which were 6 hours away), planned all the games for her shower and planned the bachelorette party...and I was not the MOH. The MOH title is not a shiny badge you earn by doing these things. It is for the bride to decide and she has her reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards