Moms and Maids
Options

How late is too late to add to the wedding party?

My fiance and I are having a non-traditional wedding. We are getting married at city hall with just our families and then having a more traditional reception the next day with all of our friends and family.

Each of asked our sisters to be MOH and Best Girl (they will be attending the ceremony at city hall and will sign the marriage certificates). And we've asked our oldest and closest friends to be BMs (2) and GMs (4) to be there for us at the reception, hang with us while we get ready, sit at the head table, make toasts if they want to, be in pictures with us, but they don't have to wear coordinated clothing.

In the last few months I've gotten a lot closer with a good friend of mine who is not a BM. She's such a great person and someone I think I'll be close with for the rest of my life. Our wedding is still 7 months away and we haven't made our wedding party plans public, haven't sent the save the dates, or put up our website yet.

Is it too late to ask her to be a BM? Should I just stick to my oldest friends? I haven't talked too much with her about it. She knows my sister is the MOH, but doesn't really know I'm having BMs other than that cause the role is kind of casual and doesn't require dress shopping or many prewedding duties.

What do you think?

Re: How late is too late to add to the wedding party?

• Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too late at all.  Ask her.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be fine to ask her.
  • Options
    lucylou28lucylou28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

Do you think I should brief the other BMs on the situation before asking her?

We've already done some fun BM wedding stuff like I took them all out to lunch, so that they could get to know each other and my mom. She is coming a little late to the party (no pun intended) and I don't want them to feel like I'm asking her because I need another BM for any reason or for her to feel at all like she was an afterthought and missed out on some fun times we've already had.

Maybe I'm over thinking it! I just love my friends and want them happy!!
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would just add her without explanation.  There really isn't a need to explain other than "I'd like you to be my BM."

• Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it hurts to send out an email to the whole WP with names and contact info.  Just keep in mind the WP is not a new social group so it's not like she has to be introduced in any sort of social setting.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards