Moms and Maids
Options

Intro and question

Hello! I used to be active on the knot when i was married 3 years ago. Two days ago I found out my best friend is getting married and she asked me to be the matron of honor. I am beyond excited.

I live in VA and I am in the military and she lives in south florida. I want to be a wonderful MOH. How are you helping from a distance?

Once she gets a date I am going to book my plane tickets and plan to fly down days in advance. I am also planning on  flying down for dress shopping, bridal shower, bachelorette party, and maybe another time.

I would love any tips about how to do this long distance! Thank you all!
Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
Dx: Septate uterus, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid
4 uterus surgeries to correct my septum (although it is still there) and to remove polyps
Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(
Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/12, CP 2/19/13

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    What are you looking to help do?  You aren't really required to do anything other than show up in the right clothes. You sound like one of my bridesmaids, though, who truly wanted to help with anything and everything. I guess just tell her you are happy to help with anything you can and to let you know if there is anything you can do. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ditto to AddieL73.  There's very little 'mandatory' duties.  If you are wanting to volunteer to pitch in more, then by all means talk to your bride about how you want to accomplish it, and what would world for her.

Also, do you normally hang out on TheBump?  Your signature is an aweful lot of personal medical information that we normally don't see here.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    A very good friend got engaged and asked a core group of friends from our college town to be BMs.  She now lives several states away from the rest of us, but most of us BMs really wanted to be involved in the planning-process (one of the girls is going to be a wedding planner, I just plain love weddings, that type of thing).  One thing we've done is create a special board on pinterest that is just "Jane's Wedding" and we can all pin ideas (dresses, decor, general wedding themed stuff that might help the bride) there.  We also have "BM meetings" on Skype every couple weeks, although we generally don't talk about wedding stuff as much as we just catch up and hang out.  I love the skype dates because they've helped us stay in touch and involved in each others' lives much more than I think we would have without them.  For being a "good MOH" I'd say just make sure you get your dress and can show up to the wedding, but if you want to go the extra mile just make sure you be a good friend to the bride.  It sounds like you've got that covered though!
  • Options
    Thank you all! I love the suggestions especially pinterest and skype! she was just so helpful in my wedding and has been my best friend for 15 years I want to be there for her in anyway possible. I appreciate the help! I am active on the bump. Haha I wish sigs didnt transfer over! Thank you all again!
    Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Septate uterus, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my septum (although it is still there) and to remove polyps
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(
    Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/12, CP 2/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards