Moms and Maids
Options

Update on the FMIL/FBIL situation...

Yesterday, after crying everything out to my riding instructor/therapist, and drying my tears on the mane of a patient equine friend, I went home and told FI the score.  I have lived with them for nearly a year, and I'm certainly not going to do it for the length of another lease.  FBIL needs to get off his butt and get a job, and he and Mom need to find something they can afford. 

He actually agreed with me.  He didn't try to present their side of things, he simply told me that I was right, and he didn't want to live with them either. 

By the first of the year, we will have a place of our own. 
December 18, 2010!!! Never thought I would be a winter bride; just hoping we don't get snowed in until AFTER the wedding!

Re: Update on the FMIL/FBIL situation...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad for you that this is resolved!  Now you can breathe a little easier and focus on your future hubby.  
  • Options
    HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good. I'm so happy that you talked to FI about how you felt. I'm happy that it worked out!
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_update-fmilfbil-situation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:caf8fc38-3988-49bd-bb13-0828f58afb50Post:88bbc571-6b56-4a3c-89a9-b5880a6cf10a">Update on the FMIL/FBIL situation...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday, after crying everything out to my riding instructor/therapist, and drying my tears on the mane of a patient equine friend, I went home and told FI the score.  I have lived with them for nearly a year, and I'm certainly not going to do it for the length of another lease.  FBIL needs to get off his butt and get a job, and he and Mom need to find something they can afford.  He actually agreed with me.  He didn't try to present their side of things, he simply told me that I was right, and he didn't want to live with them either.  By the first of the year, we will have a place of our own. 
    Posted by DaughterOfHelaman2709[/QUOTE]

Has he told them this yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Excellent...now makes sure he tells them now!  Good for you  Smile
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    Cpolli326Cpolli326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hell yeah, girl! It's time to snip those apron strings. I'm afraid the FBIL's case of mama's-boy-syndrome may be terminal, though.
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards