Moms and Maids

Ordering dresses

Hello there. I am getting married this December. We have seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen, however they are spread out all over the country. I Plan on ordering bridesmaid dresses between March and June, and I have read that the dresses should all be ordered at the same time from the same place so that the color matches. How can this work out with my girls all over? What else would work. I would like them all in the same dress.
Thanks

Re: Ordering dresses

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_ordering-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:cb9b1b5d-2f4d-4191-93a9-ffc60ec8f8edPost:57051d7e-95cb-4681-9eb7-e2a5725aa08b">Ordering dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello there. I am getting married this December. We have seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen, however they are spread out all over the country. I Plan on ordering bridesmaid dresses between March and June, and <strong>I have read that the dresses should all be ordered at the same time from the same place so that the color matches.</strong> How can this work out with my girls all over? What else would work. I would like them all in the same dress. Thanks
    Posted by tplourde[/QUOTE]

Do not concern yourself over this.  Issues with dye lots really isn't an issue now a days.

I think your best bet, since all of your girls are all over the place, would be to use Davids Bridal or Alfred Angelo to purchase the dresses.  I would ask each of your girls their budget privately and then find a dress that falls below the lowest number given.

Then I would choose three dresses that you like and have your group vote on them (hopefully then can all go and try them on but if they can't it isn't the end of the world), and majority wins.

They can either call in their orders to a store nearest you with their sizes/measurements, or a better option, would be to order the dress at a store neares them so that they can get alterations done where they live.

• Everything that Maggie said.  I also will add that you can expand your search to some designers like Dessy group that sells across the country as well.  They don't have a brick & mortar store like DB or AA, but they will sell their dresses in bridal boutique stores.  So the girls would just have to find a store near them that carries the line & can order from there.  You also might want to think about having the girls all get different dresses in the same color/fabric.  This way even IF there was a slight color issue, it would be far less noticable since they will be in different dresses to begin with.
  • My bridesmaids are all over the country as well. I gave them the style number of the dress and the option to order it from the designer's website if they wished, but they all chose to order from the store I got my wedding dress from. They all got theirselves measured either with the store we ordered from or by their own means and called the store with their measurements and payments.

So that could be an option. I sort of think that if you can narrow down your choices to about 3 from which they can vote on, that might work. All previous posters had very good suggestions with David's bridal or Alfred Angelo :)
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Hi, it is not a trouble and here I want to give you a better suggestion.

Firstly, I suggest you go to one realible online shopping website. For example, the JenJenHouse.com. This is the website that I love also recently they will hold an activity for the coming White Day and you could come to their FB and take the chance.

Secondly, you could order the dresses on the website after you've got the sizes of your girls and then you could place seperate orders to send the dresses with different shipping addresses.

At last, leave your message in the order that you want the dresses to be made in the same roll of the fabric and then the color problem will be solved.

Hope you have a nice wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards