Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Dresses

I have chosen my wedding gown and am now starting to look at BM fashion.....I would like the girls all in one dress - or do one of those same designer/different necklines type things.

Is it werid to email my ladies and ask what kind of dresses they like, or if there is certain material they hate (I've heard a lot of ppl dislike satin....)........

Or should I be coming to them with "here are 5 dresses I thought were cute...."

Help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• The idea you had about asking each girl individually what she would like is perfect.  Make sure you also ask them what price would be comfortable for them.  They might be very opinionated, or (like my bridesmaids) they might say, "I'll wear whatever you want!"

What I did (after getting a budget from each girl):
    My MOH and I went shopping.  We chose 3 dresses that we both liked that were within that price range.  She tried them on and eliminated one right away because she hated how it looked on her.  I took pictures of her in the other 2 dresses.  Then we showed the pictures to the other girls and asked if they liked the dresses.  They all liked both dresses, so I said to each girl, "Pick whichever dress you like the best and order it in purple."  Coincidentally, they all picked the same one!  So, each girl is in a dress she likes and they all match!  It worked out great for us.

If your bridesmaids all have different tastes/figures/budgets, and if you are willing to have them wearing different dresses, you could also go with this idea:  Give them a guideline of dress length and color and let them each pick their own dress.  They don't neccessarily need to be in identical dresses.  I hope this helps, good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First and foremost, individually and privately ask each girl their dress budget. Second, any of the options you pose are fine. I would suggest, to accomodate all the girls' different body types, to do the same material/same colour/same length and let them go to town.
  • I asked my bridesmaids what kind of dresses they like and their budget and then I told them they can all go shopping with me and we all can agree on one dress... Just remember compromise...
  • Carson386Carson386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I did different dresses for my girls. First I talked to each one privately and asked what her budget was. Some of my girls are in school (1 in high school, 1 in college) and the other 2 are working women with families. After we talked budget, I looked at dresses and found what I liked, asked my girls what they liked, and thankfully nobody was too picky (one wanted the dress to have straps, another wanted to to go to her knee, one didn't like full length dresses). After that, I gave them the list of the dresses I had found and sent them off to get their dresses.

My big thing was that 2 of my girls are a little heavier than the other 2, the one in high school is just entering high school and has not really hit puberty yet so she don't have hips, and my MOH is average height- I wanted my girls to kind of pick their own because they all have different body types and might not be comfortable in the same dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards