Moms and Maids
Options

Dress color for moms?

My daughter's bridesmaids are wearing black dresses with a blue sash and her maid of honor is wearing the blue with a black sash.  I really wanted to wear a darker shade of blue for my dress but I 'm wondering what others think about this.  Is it okay for me to wear blue as long as it is a very different shade of blue? 

Re: Dress color for moms?

• Options
    Mothers of the B&G can wear whatever they're comfortable in.  You're not part of the wedding party and, more than likely, won't be in any pictures with the wedding party.  Find what color best suits you.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with Jagore. I just told my mother and MIL to get whatever they would like :D 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If you want to coodinate with the wedding party, you can ask your daughter, but it's not necessary.  You can wear anything you want, other than shades of white.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dress-color-moms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:cfc132af-d79a-44d3-802f-15654cba5046Post:e46dcd36-84eb-496d-bde0-33e82f64b9a8">Re: Dress color for moms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mothers of the B&G can wear whatever they're comfortable in.  You're not part of the wedding party and, more than likely, won't be in any pictures with the wedding party.  Find what color best suits you.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]
    agree! wear what you like
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My colors were holly green and copper with bright fall colored flowers. My mom wore purple, my MIL wore a black skirt with a gold top and red sash and my SMIL wore ice blue. My MIL was the only one who really blended with my wedding colors. They all looked fantastic. =) There are pics in my Married Bio if you want to check it out. The main thing is, wear what you feel beautiful and comfortable in!

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    Wear what makes you comfortable.  Maybe find out what pictures you will be in and with who.  My FI and I insist on having a big picture with all the wedding party and immediate families so my mom went with a complementary color without being "matchy"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards