Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

He proposed....

and I accepted!!!

I still can't believe it but here's the proposal story:

I was traveling for work and was supposed to come back on Wednesday night around 11 PM. Something happened while I was at the client site and I had to postpone my arrival till the next day. The FI and I were supposed to leave around noon for a weekend at his parents house. I asked him if he could just meet me at my place and we would go from there. He said that was fine. He joked and said he was going to bring me flowers because he missed me so much.

I got into town, kept him updated as to where I was and when I finally got home it was time to unpack and repack for the weekend. We were hugging in the entry way and he said he was sorry but he didn't bring me flowers. I laughed, said it was okay, but then teased and asked if he brought a ring instead. (I knew the proposal was imminent but wasn't sure when it would happen). He laughed it off and said 'Of course not!'. We then went about our business of getting ready when he pulled a gift bag out from behind my TV and said 'Well.... I did get you something'. That's when I knew.... I kept saying 'Noooo'.... 'Nooooo' because it would be like my Fi to wrap a reese's cup or something in a bag just to make me think that he was about to propose. It wasn't until I saw the ring box from the store that I started crying. He took it out of the box and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes! According to him it sound like 'yeeeeeeeee' with a bunch of crying.

We are both so elated and had such a fun time heading out of town and calling all our friends and family. We are looking at August 13th, 2011 as the date! I'm so excited that I can't sleep. Which is a feet amongst itself because I've been up traveling and what not since 3 AM. Laughing

Re: He proposed....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, & congrats!
    Would you like to introduce yourself? Your name, FI's name, what city you live in, what you do for a living, little stuff like that?  (no specifics though Laughing )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your name: Leah
    FI's name: Chase
    What city you live in: Plano
    What you do for a living: Software Consultant
    We've dated off and on for 20 months. Both had some personal issues we had ot fix alone but deep down we both always knew we'd end up together.
    We are both the first ones to get married out of either of our families.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fun! We're the first for FI's family, his mom is really excited!!

I just realized you're only 4 months out! Have you started planning anything pre-ring? Check out our website for tons of info on vendors! http://dfwknotties.weebly.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Cute proposal! Welcome to the board! Best of luck planning in 4 months if you need help just ask!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Welcome :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats  
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome!
  • Options
    tmacwintmacwin member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Cute proposal story.  Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.... quick engagement! You can bet I've been pre-planning. I actually already ordered the Bridesmaid dresses since most of them knew I was asking them to be in the wedding anyways.  Next up.... venue & dress! We're narrowed down to a few venues and will hopefully make the decision soon!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome... do you have any vendors booked yet?  If so, who?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No vendors booked as of right now. We're going to talk to a photographer this week that I really like and has worked with a friend of mine.

http://www.marialeinenphotography.com/

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011

Cool.  Planning a wedding in 4 months?  That's pretty crazy!  Are you guys in a rush?  Or is there significance to the date?

• Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    beecjena08beecjena08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats.
    It's going to be a lovely day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So by Wednesday, do you mean two days ago Wednesday? Like 4/13?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, sorry I put 'Wednesday' because I was typing it on Thursday. He proposed on 4/14. We aren't in a huge rush but the date is significant to us because both of our birthdays are on the 13th so we wanted to find a Saturday with that date. August 13th was it. We've been planning on that date for several months just had to get the finances together to get the ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and to just be honest I had been posting under another name (redhotbubear) before we got engaged. For some reason I didn't want to create a name until we were engaged so I was using my friends log in. I hope that doesn't sour my introduction here but thought I'd be honest about it before someone figured it out.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    To be realistic:

Planning a wedding in four months is difficult... especially one on a Saturday.  You need to hit the pavement immediately to find a venue - because you may be planning 8/13 in vain if you don't have a venue.

Next, invitations need to be done too.  Those need to go out in 2 months.

Bridesmaids dresses, I would rush order those.  I know that David's Bridal and other big designers take several months to get dresses in.

YOUR dress - same goes.  Or look for off the rack.

It's time to high-tail your planning - venue and budget are first (even before bridesmaid dresses). 

** For the record, your bio, and your story seem a little fishy to me and to the other knotties.  If you're a vendor of anytime, just stop now.  If you're not - I apologize, but there's been a TON lately.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hmm someone else just posted a few days ago with the same scenario. Her FI and her b-day was on the 13th. You may hae competition to find Aug 13 cause they too were looking at that date.

And 4/14 was yesterday, THURSDAY.

~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Promise I'm not a vendor. I've been researching venues for the past 2-3 weeks and have found a lot with that date open. My bridesmaid dresses have been ordered (found a good deal from The Limited). I plan on finding a dress off the rack for myself and am going next weekend to look. The venue, dress, and invitations are at the top of my list!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Hmm someone else just posted a few days ago with the same scenario. Her FI and her b-day was on the 13th. You may hae competition to find Aug 13 cause they too were looking at that date."

That was me. Embarassed I was too embarassed about pre-planning to admit it.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9702513-85bd-4781-8763-ebf6a7da84dePost:f6397cfb-02fd-4517-96c6-4ea4a9d7e327">Re: He proposed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Hmm someone else just posted a few days ago with the same scenario. Her FI and her b-day was on the 13th. You may hae competition to find Aug 13 cause they too were looking at that date." That was me. I was too embarassed about pre-planning to admit it.
    Posted by texaggie07[/QUOTE]
    I was kind of in the same boat as you:  I knew the ring was coming so I started looking at things.  Who knew that Jared would tak two months to get something right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ***For clarification*** Also posted on another thread.

I promise you're overthinking this. I have a no-name photographer in mind because I know her through a friend and like the work she does. I was merely answering a question that was asked. As far as bridesmaid dresses go, I knew my engagement was imminent and decided to look for their dresses in case they needed to order them. While I was out of town for work I found the dresses, they were on sale and there was a major coupon so I had them go ahead and buy them. The ones that didn't know they were going to be asked yet I bought dresses for.

As far as my proposal story goes I thought I put on there that I was supposed to get back Wednesday night but that was delayed because of work until Thursday. If I did not make that clear I am sorry. I was supposed to get back on the 13th, the FI was planning on proposing that night but my return was delayed until the 14th.

And because I was using my friends name for a week or so I was able to see how the planning bio stuff worked. I started making one when I was on my trip because I had a lot of time on my hands but only got to the flower portion because 1) I wasn't engaged yet and couldn't put a cute proposal story on there and 2) I don't have all my vendors so I couldn't put where ceremony and reception would be.

I apologize for using the 2 names and for any confusion but I am real and I am getting married in 4 months!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9702513-85bd-4781-8763-ebf6a7da84dePost:46d5054c-fe48-48ad-b0c8-ee06d5623240">Re: He proposed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be realistic: Planning a wedding in four months is difficult... especially one on a Saturday.  You need to hit the pavement immediately to find a venue - because you may be planning 8/13 in vain if you don't have a venue. Next, invitations need to be done too.  Those need to go out in 2 months. Bridesmaids dresses, I would rush order those.  <strong>I know that David's Bridal and other big designers take several months to get dresses in.</strong> YOUR dress - same goes.  Or look for off the rack. It's time to high-tail your planning - venue and budget are first (even before bridesmaid dresses).  ** For the record, your bio, and your story seem a little fishy to me and to the other knotties.  If you're a vendor of anytime, just stop now.  If you're not - I apologize, but there's been a TON lately.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

My bridesmaids who have already ordered their dresses from DB got them in about 2 weeks.  It was amazing.
    Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9702513-85bd-4781-8763-ebf6a7da84dePost:9b283033-9c6d-4be4-b40d-25aef9071380">Re: He proposed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed.... : My bridesmaids who have already ordered their dresses from DB got them in about 2 weeks.  It was amazing.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

You are a lucky one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9702513-85bd-4781-8763-ebf6a7da84dePost:9b283033-9c6d-4be4-b40d-25aef9071380">Re: He proposed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed.... : My bridesmaids who have already ordered their dresses from DB got them in about 2 weeks.  It was amazing.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Wow! They told me 12 weeks when I placed my MOHs dress order last week. That would be nice if it came early.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They told me 12 weeks for my dress... It was in after 2 :D (both times)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards