July 2012 Weddings
Options

July 28 brides!

We have under 2 weeks to go! How are you all feeling??? I feel pretty good, I have basically everything done. Next week I have to pick up my dress and have my bachelorette party and then decorating for the ceremony and reception! The only thing I'm nervous about is the weather and everyone staring at me! I get extreme anxiety when i'm the center of attention!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: July 28 brides!

• Options
    I am jealous. I want to be married already! :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_july-28-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:35e8f782-783a-4b9a-9a1d-758f30caff83Post:bd61e423-a6f0-44a1-b81d-b75c5f4b0bfd">Re: July 28 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am jealous. I want to be married already! :)
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

lol I'm enjoying the extra time. what do you have left to do?
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to stalk the 10 day forecast, lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_july-28-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:35e8f782-783a-4b9a-9a1d-758f30caff83Post:71b309f1-f7ba-49c7-95e4-d2d77037ea68">Re: July 28 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking forward to being able to stalk the 10 day forecast, lol.
    Posted by sunshine9779[/QUOTE]

<div>I am already weather stalking! Lol it's an addiction :P</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sooo anxious and to top it all off I have an interview in the morning...talk about timing!  I feel like I still have a million and one things to do! Also, ditto on the weather, our string quartet will not play if it's above 92 degrees and it's Iowa so there's definitely some hot weather potential!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_july-28-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:35e8f782-783a-4b9a-9a1d-758f30caff83Post:175dec8e-122b-4c0f-9b45-27af976dc161">July 28 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have under 2 weeks to go! How are you all feeling??? I feel pretty good, I have basically everything done. Next week I have to pick up my dress and have my bachelorette party and then decorating for the ceremony and reception! The only thing I'm nervous about is the weather and everyone staring at me! I get extreme anxiety when i'm the center of attention!
    Posted by tszostek[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm feeling pretty good. Just saw the 15 day forecast, which promises fine weather. Looking forward to more accurate information.</div>
  • Options
    smwhitsmwhit member
    First Comment
    Ditto to Sunshine about the 10 day forecast...

I need to finish the favors but that's about it. And I'm planning to call the DJ tomorrow to finalize things with him. Oh, and FI and I are moving on the 19th, so having that on top of it all is making me crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow everyone is excited!!! I think I'm the only one that is over the whole idea of wedding.  I just want to go back to my normal life again. I hate wedding planning...... most ppl think I'm too easy goin with the wedding.  The family on the other hand no way, they think I'm crazy Bridzilla.  Because I don't want flowers, instead i wanted professional photographers. theres more but that's a long story. I hate being engaged, I rather be dating or married and skip the middle stuff.
  • Options
    Barbee - you're not the only one.  I'm ready for life to get back to normal too.  On top of all the wedding stuff, we decided to finish my living room rennovation which we started over a year ago.  Carpet is being installed tomorrow (finally), and since we got such a good price on it, we decided to put new carpet in the bedrooms too.  Which means I have to get everything out of those bedrooms and into the den.  I feel like a hoarder with boxes everywhere.

As for wedding to-do list, the big one left is programs.  I've made a mock up but haven't started printing everything and putting it together.

FI's brother and his family are coming in to town late tomorrow, so it's really going to start getting busy.  I'm a little annoyed at his family because it seems like they are more concerned with the wedding as a family reunion and not our wedding.  Don't get me wrong, they love me and are extremely happy FI is marrying me, but they're just trying to plan all sorts of things in addition to the things for the wedding.  It's a little annoying.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I checked the 10 day forecast yesterday and it made me sick, even though 10 days out is July 25. I'm just nervous because my ceremony is outdoors.  As long as it doesn't rain (which is likely with this drought the midwest is having, but you never know), I'll be happy. Sweaty, but happy!

Honestly I don't have much to do this week other than clean my house in preparation for my bachelorette party on Saturday. Next week I'll be busy doing little things, but I finished all my diy projects.

FI just told me there's some drama between his cousins. Of course they all happen to be groomsmen or ushers so they'll be sitting next to each other during the ceremony and reception. I hope they behave themselves or work it out by the wedding.

• Options
    I might as well join this group...  I'm in Denmark, and they're predicting RAIN!!!   I'm just SO glad we decided against the outdoor wedding idea!!! :D

I have nearly everything ready, now I'm just stressing about a day-of-schedule for all the family, BM, etc.
  • Options
    If I can give you ladies some advice from a July 14th bride....
    Don't trust the weather forcast untill you are about 3 days out...your 10 day forcast is not going to be accurate...mine was saying 100% chance of severe thunderstorms...come to the day...it rained from 8am till 4pm...stopping one hour before the ceremony...Good luck ladies 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Katie Im so sorry about FI family treating your day as a reunion but atleast they want to go. You guys are crazy doing a Reno at this time. I'd die before that. As for wedding stuff I got sick of doing it so we won't have programs, centerpieces. I didn't want a big wedding I just wanted a destination wedding but FI and his family wanted it.
  • Options
    I am SOOO excited to get married :-)
    Currently their calling for sunshine & 86 degrees, but I won't count on it til the day of!

Anyway, I still haven't filled my favors with the mints because I dont have anything to store them in to keep them fresh. I believe they'll be fine, but FI is lazy and doesn't want to do them :-P

I honestly don't have anything left. I finished my place cards yesterday.
    Just need to assemble the table numbers and favors.
    Then - I need to sort through everything and split up what's going where (Hotel, Reception, Ceremony)...
    I can't wait for that because then we'll have our spare bedroom back!!

Otherwise, I'm ready. I'm so ready to get this over with and party with everyone!Laughing
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FYI - If you go to google and seach 15 day forecast. My browser brought up accuweather.com - If you click that website, you can insert your zip code and then you can browse to the 28th :-)

I wouldn't count on it being accurate as were still pretty far out but just wanted to let you know
    Photobucket
  • Options
    KatieK501KatieK501 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_july-28-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:35e8f782-783a-4b9a-9a1d-758f30caff83Post:d57a7cd0-6174-455b-8f43-b286c4d0d0ce">Re:July 28 brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katie Im so sorry about FI family treating your day as a reunion but atleast they want to go. <strong>You guys are crazy doing a Reno at this time</strong>. I'd die before that. As for wedding stuff I got sick of doing it so we won't have programs, centerpieces. I didn't want a big wedding I just wanted a destination wedding but FI and his family wanted it.
    Posted by babeecutee[/QUOTE]

You are right about that!!  We were wiped out at the end of last night and FI asked "Why did we decide to finish this right now?".  I couldn't agree more with the way he was feeling...and it's all because we got a good deal on the carpet that was only for the week of July 4th.  Ha!

Saving Money /> Added Stress ???
  • Options
    I'm so glad everyone is excited! We only have 9 days left!!!! I am also happy for the wedding planning to be over and just be married to the love of my life! I have had more drama than i ever expected with my FI's family... There has been so much unexpected stuff happen in the last week and I'm so hoping that it isn't a preview of what will happen the day of... I just checked the 10 day forecast, and it says its supposed to be a high of 89 and no chance of rain, but I live in Florida and know that the forecast changes from day to day... someone i know getting married this saturday, it originally said the same thing for her and now it says  a 40% chance of thunderstorms... but we'll see! All in all, i'm going to be happy to marry my best friend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards