Moms and Maids
Options

Gift ideas

My daughter is getting married soon and I am her birth Mother.  Any suggestions on gift ideas?  I have found many great gifts for daughters, but they all include poems or say things about watching her grow up or being there thru the years.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Gift ideas

• Options
    I'm an MOB, also. My daughter and I don't buy each other gifts that are specifically aimed at mothers or daughters. I don't care for those mushy poems that are mass produced and meant to substitute as 'personal' sentiments.

Buy your daughter something from her registry that she will use often and keep for a very long time such as a place setting of flatware, candlesticks or toasting flutes to be used for her wedding or anniversaries. She will think of you whenever she uses them. If you want to make it more personal, write her a heartfelt note to go along with gift. If you have a piece of jewelry (not necessarily valuable) that you would like to pass along to her, that would also make a nice gift.

• Options
    I really like the idea of a piece of heirloom jewerly. Something good quality and timeless that she can pass along to a daughter.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards