Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid #3.5 & Laughing Out Loud

Just thought I'd share:
My bridesmaid (who lives across the country) told me a month ago that she is expecting a baby with her husband, but thinks the bridesmaid dress I bought her in December will still fit. Now she told me that it doesn't fit anymore, and needs a bigger one. I called the store back (i bought retail dresses, not bridesmaid ones), and they said they'd make the exception and switch for a bigger one even though its past the acceptable returns deadline.

Except they've sold out of the dresses and do not sell them, in any size, anymore.

Maybe its being 6 weeks away, maybe its just the way it goes, but ever since I got this news (about an hour ago), I can't help but laugh! My bridesmaid & baby literally can't fit into the dress! LOL! Maybe this will end tragically in me finding tears later, but right now I think I'm just over it. Oh well. I did look online and there isn't another place selling the dress, not on ebay or anything (& I'm really good at searching out online). So I guess we're stuck with what we've got! Pretty sure we'll just have to buy a panel of similar fabric and have it added in on the sides. Maybe this is a good reason I have a flower girl- my bridesmaid can strategically hold her in front of the crazy alterations we'll have to do! Ha ha.

Okay, just thought I'd share. It's all perspective, I guess.
Anniversary

Re: Bridesmaid #3.5 & Laughing Out Loud

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha!

What color is the dress?  Is it a color that's easy to match?  I mean maybe she could just buy a different dress so she wouldn't have to worry about something not fitting properly.

Good luck!
    panther
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear. Yup- sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Hope you can figure out some sort of alteration miracle, or perhaps she can find another style dress in a matching/similar color.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the dresses are a medium gray, but have really distinctive ruffle necklines that would be too easily noticed with a different dress. I think the neckline will actually distract from alterations, and the gray shouldn't be too hard to match. I texted the story to my fiance, telling him i'm not stressed but my bridesmaid probably will be, and his response, verbatim, was "Good deal. Can you stop at the grocery store on the way home? We need _, _, _, _, and _."

So obviously its not going to stress him out either.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha! Sometimes the only thing you can do it laugh.

And even if the alterations are strange and a little noticible I don' think anyone will care-I mean she's got a baby in there, people understand.

I am so glad this wasn't a "my bridesmaid can't fit in her dress because she's pregnant, can I kick her out?" type of posts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the cut of your dress, but we have had this happen X2. In one case my DD had the back zipper removed and they put in a corset back with a panel under it, looked very nice.  The second did something like you said and they added some material and some type of stretch elastic into the sides for give.
  • Options
    steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd still just let her go out and find a dress of similar color.  No one will gasp in horror if she has a different neckline.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have her find a dress by the same designer and the same color but different style. That way you are assured that the color will match closer then any other designers dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards