April 2012 Weddings
Options

Hair trial....I need constructive criticism (PIP Heavy)

Ok ladies.  So in my area of NJ, getting your hair done for the wedding can be a financial drain.  I thought I was ingenious when my sister suggested that one of our friends do my hair.  She has gone to cosmetology school, has a license and worked in a salon (currently on maternity leave).  Unlike most of the quotes I got, which were upwards of 100-150 for me and 70-90 for my bridesmaids, she offered to do everyone for 65 pp.  I'm concerned now perhaps that the adage, you get what you pay for, may be applying.  My sister insists that I'm just being paranoid and that the styles were really rough drafts anyway, so I should stop stressing.  So I need thoughts.  Also, I should mention that my dress is strapless with a slight sweetheart neckline.  I have big obxnoxiously sparkly necklace and  I purchased a side accented headband to wear but it didn't come in time for trial. 

Style 1:  Down.
Pros:  My hair is super long and thick so this can be very elegant.
Cons:  I get HOT easily and I'm worried I'll be a sweaty mess.

Style 2:  Low side Bun
Pros:  Hair would be off the back of my neck and accents hair piece
Cons:  Concerned it looked too messy and informal

Style 3:  All up
Pros:  All the hair off my neck, traditional
Cons:  Makes me look like a conehead because of how much hair I have

Style 4:  Side ponytail
Pros:  Hair can be down but still off my neck
Cons:  I'm not sure if its because this was the last one she did, so a lot of hair was already up or if she meant it to look like this....but it looks...odd, hence my strage faces (haha i was tired so I had to amuse myself)

How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair trial....I need constructive criticism (PIP Heavy)

• Options
    I say style 1, because I'm partial to that look. =D But I also like style 2 on you. I don't think it looks informal. If you're worried about the loose strands, just have her put it all up maybe? Those 2 are my faves. 

The last ones I am not a big fan of. I feel like they look kind of messy, especially with the ends just sort of sticking out randomly...but that could just be me. And yeah I agree the last one looks....odd...lol 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I like one on you - it's simple but elegant and nice - I really like the idea of 4 but I think I'd ask her to tweak the bun part some because that does look messy/odd to me but I think it's a nice jumping off point. All in all though I think she did a great job - you can tell she has talent and knows what's she is doing so I wouldn't worry about that at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with em.  1 is beautiful and my favorite look, but I totally understand about worrying about getting too hot.  2 is also pretty.  How well climate-controlled is your venue?

As for 3 and 4 being a little... different:  I think it was great that she was willing to try so many different looks, and I wouldn't hold it against her.
  • Options
    I LOVE the low side bun on you. I don't think it looks too sloppy at all - I think it's great! Very pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 300 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    I like 1 as well.  And as you are getting married in April in NJ, I don't think it should be too hot that you have to worry about it in that sense
  • Options
    I voted #2, but i think you should "clean it up" a little based on the formality of your wedding.  If you're worried it'll look too casual, i'm sure she can make it more structured.  #1 is pretty too, but not if you'll be uncomfortable!  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like #1 or #2 depending whether you want to go up or down.  But I wonder what it would like like with a little more curl to it?
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I like #2 as well--but you could have her make it a little more clean/streamlined. I worry about you having really thick hair and how that will hold a curl throughout the night--something to think about! My hair doesn't hold a curl so I'm forced to do an updo, but maybe you are more fortunate than me!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cleaned up version of #2!

PS i went to Ramapo too!!
  • Options
    I love the low side bun on you.
  • Options
    I agree that 2 looks great but it would be more formal if you clean it up a bit and pull the loose strands back.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards