Moms and Maids
Options

Bridemaids Choice!

Hello!

My fiance has 4 groomsmen and I orginally had 4 bridesmaids. Unfortunately, one of my really good friends(who was a bridesmaid) can't make the wedding. My delima is that I already have my best friends and my sister in the wedding.

Should I ask my mom to fill in the final spot or get a friend that I'm not really close to be it? Oh, I also have a sister in law that I don't get along with that I could choose too.

Any help would be great! I get married in 3 1/2 months. Undecided

Re: Bridemaids Choice!

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't replace your friend.  Your friend will feel like she is replaceable, and the replacement will feel like...well, a replacement.  It's perfectly fine to have uneven sides.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No need for replacements. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is 100% fine to have uneven sides. I agree with pp-- don't replace her. She will be really hurt and nobody will care if you have one less BM. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uneven sides is perfectly okay! My FI has his bestman and 1 groomsmen. My side is my MOH, bridesmaid and a "bridesman"! Who says it needs to be the same on both sides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto PPs - don't replace her.  I'd even leave her listed in the program as a BM unable to attend.  It will mean a lot to her to know that SHE was the one you wanted standing up next to you, not just any 4th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards