Moms and Maids
Options

drama with event director at ceremony/reception venue

i'm hoping for some advice on how to handle a difficult event director at our ceremony/reception venue.  she has now on 4 different occassions misrepresented or miscommunicated a material fact that is effecting both our wedding planning and our wedding budget.  i'm feeling very frustrated with the entire situation and would like to go above her head to have some of these issues ironed out, but i worry that rocking the boat with my only contact at the venue will just make my life more difficult in the upcoming weeks prior to our 9/29/12 wedding (i.e. she'll stop responding to my e-mails, won't be helpful in the days leading up to the event, etc.).  has anyone had a similar experience?  any words of wisdom? :)

Re: drama with event director at ceremony/reception venue

• Options
    I'd get everything in writing pronto!
  • Options
    I suggest rocking the boat!   First though, I woul let your ED know if these issues are not resolved to you satisfaction or if any other issues arise that are in conflict to the original agreements that you would be finding someone else to speak with. This my just be enough to resolve the issues without too much rocking!

Blessings on your day!
  • Options
    Document it all and email it to her so you have written proof when, and if, you need to take it to a superior.
  • Options
    Tell me that you have a contact.  Was there any email communication?  If you are this unsatisfied, I would definitely go to her supervisor.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I certainly hope you have a contract that you can remind her of when ever she misrepresents something. And I don't mean to stress you out, but you are way too close to your wedding to be messing around. I'd find a way to talk to a higher-up today and demand (politely, of course) that your questions be answered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards