Moms and Maids
Options

bridal shower...

Im a MOH that has never thrown a party in my life! i have no idea what to do for my friend. also, im the only one in the bridal party with money (her sisters are 16 and 12). no idea what to do...

Re: bridal shower...

• Options
    Agree with PP. There is no standard for showers - I've gone to showers at restaurants, country clubs, people's houses, and community club houses, and they have all been fun! 

As a bride, I honestly didn't care what my shower was like, it just honestly meant so much to me that:

1. I had friends who cared enough to organize something, especially since some of them have never been in a wedding before or planned this type of event. 

2. I had an opportunity before the wedding to spend some one on one time with some of the amazing women in my life, since, from what I have been told, the wedding itself flies by and you don't really get to spend a lot of time with any particular guest. 

3. I didn't have to plan it. It was sooooo nice to just be told where to show up and when, without having to think about anything! We've planned our own wedding, so it was such a relief to have an opportunity to celebrate without having to put in really any effort on my part. 

I would second PP on the list - my MOH printed out an excel sheet that had the name of the guest in the left column, then blank cells for one of my bridesmaids to write in the gifts as I opened them. This was sooooo helpful for thank you note writing. 

My shower was held at one of the bridesmaid's homes. It was in the afternoon, they served light appetizers (really, you could cut up some fruit, do chips and dips, veggies and dips) and punch (both spiked and straight) and tea and lemonade. And for the sweets, they had cupcakes (which are pretty cheap and easy to make)

We played a few games (including a quiz of history about my fiance and I) and gave away prizes (think Bath and Body works mini-lotions or candles), but mostly we were left to socialize, which was great!

They also made adorable favors for all of the guests - little bags tied with ribbons in our wedding colors that said "Thank You" on them and were filled with my favorite candies. 

Don't worry about spending a lot of money or being extravagant, the bride will really just love that you put thought into it. 
  • Options
    thanks! this is really helpfull!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards