Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

If I get waxed now, will it last till September?

My wedding is a month out (Sept. 1). I have never had a Brazillian or bikini wax, and I would like to have one for the wedding/honeymoon.  Ideally, I would have tried it months before, but now I'm wondering... if I schedule one in the coming week or so, will it last for my wedding and through most of the honeymoon?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If I get waxed now, will it last till September?

• Options
    That's unlikely. For the first time, it usually lasts about 2 weeks before the hair starts to grow back. Then another 2-4 weeks before it gets long enough to be waxed. After you've done it a few times, it grows back a bit faster (but lighter). Ideally you would've done one about 2 weeks ago and then done another about 2-3 days before. Now I'd wait until the week of the wedding, that way it doesn't grow back before your honeymoon is over. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_if-i-get-waxed-now-will-it-last-till-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:069aa206-4cd5-44ed-893d-c4492478207cPost:548757cc-812a-414e-be9e-53dbbd8fe6fb">Re: If I get waxed now, will it last till September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's unlikely. For the first time, it usually lasts about 2 weeks before the hair starts to grow back. Then another 2-4 weeks before it gets long enough to be waxed. After you've done it a few times, it grows back a bit faster (but lighter). Ideally you would've done one about 2 weeks ago and then done another about 2-3 days before. Now I'd wait until the week of the wedding, that way it doesn't grow back before your honeymoon is over. 
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You always have great beauty advice.. so helpful! So now I'm thinking the Monday before, since I do have sensitive skin. Would that give me some time to calm down? I've done at-home before, and the spots that I did get smooth went back to normal in about 2 days, but I'm sure it's different for a salon job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got mine done the Wednesday before my wedding for the first time and had no problems.  I had stubble before I even got back from my 9 day honeymoon--I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't last longer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_if-i-get-waxed-now-will-it-last-till-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:069aa206-4cd5-44ed-893d-c4492478207cPost:dbb43071-b9b6-4aa0-9ed9-3598e2577aea">Re: If I get waxed now, will it last till September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If I get waxed now, will it last till September? : Thanks! You always have great beauty advice.. so helpful! So now I'm thinking the Monday before, since I do have sensitive skin. Would that give me some time to calm down? I've done at-home before, and the spots that I did get smooth went back to normal in about 2 days, but I'm sure it's different for a salon job.
    Posted by KBSK12[/QUOTE]
    Aww, thanks! I waited until I was closer, but if you say that you have sensitive skin, then that should be fine. Really, no one has any way of knowing. You won't know until you try. The skin on my face & body is pretty sensitve I break out & have rashes easily. Yet the redness down there went away in a few hours. I was totally fine. So you just won't know until you try. Take 2 ibuprophen ~30m,in before you go to take the edge off the pain & reduce any swelling.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_if-i-get-waxed-now-will-it-last-till-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:069aa206-4cd5-44ed-893d-c4492478207cPost:e0edea25-95d3-411e-94b5-9ca276362630">Re: If I get waxed now, will it last till September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got mine done the Wednesday before my wedding for the first time and had no problems.  I had stubble before I even got back from my 9 day honeymoon--I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't last longer.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I did exactly this, and it lasted for the most part for 10 days.
  • Options
    My bikini waxes last a maximum of 1 week. It has to do with the hair growth cycle. Hair typically goes in a rotation of growing, dying, falling out, coming back, so when you get waxed you're not actually waxing ALL the hair necessarily. You'll be baby smooth for maybe 3 days, and then you'll start to get a few stragglers, and by 1-2 weeks you'll have a lot of stubble. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! 

Also, you can make waxes last longer if tweaze the stragglers as they come. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I would say the Monday before is a good since its your first time and although any redness may go away quicker like rlavach said you never know. I do suggest, that that for the rest of the day though you are NOT doing too much physical activity an wear loose clothing, sweat an the friction can cause a breakout...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Peronsally I would do it 1 - 2 weeks before but only because my skin gets REALLY irritated by waxing so I would want to be sure that the red bumps were completely gone.  If you use really good moisturizer and exfoliate before your wax it should help though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have really sensitive skin - but I went to European Wax Center and their wax was perfect (I've had it done before where my skin got all puffy and red and swollen). It was slightly sensitive for a few hours, but then I was totally fine after that. I'm also getting married in early September (the 7th) and I scheduled my wax appointment for two days before the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards