Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

huge pores

Hey ladies.  I have a question that is for both my wedding day as well as life in general.  I have large, visible pores, specifically on my cheeks.  Do you have any recommended ways to help make them look smaller?  I've used face masks and scrubs but so far haven't come across anything useful.  Thanks!

Re: huge pores

• edited November 2009

I'm not sure about certain types of make-up that might help or anything...but have you ever tried microdermabrasion?  I think that would be your best bet.  It minimizes the size of your pores over time and it has other benefits like helping smooth your skin, even tone, and reduce oil production.  I have the same problem along with a recent problem of cystic acne and I've been getting a microlaser peel (little more invasive than microdermabrasion) once a month at my dermatologist office.  It's basically 3 microdermabrasion treatments in one visit.  It's not the most comfortable thing, but oh my gosh...after about 4 visits I could tell a HUGE difference!  My skin looks and feels so much better.  I really hate to recommend a procedure like this, and it may not be for you, but I just thought I'd let you know that it has really worked for me!  Microdermabrasion is a lot less invasive though, so you could even use an at-home kit.  I also use Clinique T-zone Shine Control & Pore Minimizer...it works "okay" and smooths my skin a little better but doesn't really help all that much to be honest.  Good luck!!!      

• I also hear good things about the Biore pore strips.  I think Clean and Clear has its own line too.
  • whfieldswhfields member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    For masking large pores, I totally recommend Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector!!  (not tryin to sell the stuff, just really love it!). I'm actually a bare minerals girl, but I read amazing recommendations about it online, so I went to buy some the other day.  It really does a great job at hiding large pores, plus stays put even when it's hot out.  I bought it for my June wedding in Florida.

To help minimize blackheads, I use St Ives Apricot scrub that contains a small amount of salicylic acid a couple times a week.  Works great without drying out my skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards