Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Best foundation and powder for VERY pale, combination skin?

I have been using MAC mineral foundation and powder for years but I am very pale and for some reason the foundation and powder has been causing me to break out. The color has been off in the last 3 bottles I ordered as well. I look orange as soon as I put it on and no amount of blending helps. I currently use the lightest color they have. 

I am looking for something that won't be too oily or dry me out I was very happy with MAC coverage but just not the color. I have pink and yellow undertones in my skin so I find that very hard to determine. I usually lean towards the cool side whatever that means. 

Any Recommendations are greatly appreciated. I don't know very much about this stuff!

TIA

Re: Best foundation and powder for VERY pale, combination skin?

• So strange, cause I was going to say MAC until I read your post.

That's so weird. Have you been ordering NC15? making sure that it is NC instead of NW .. also, where are you ordering it from?
  • I wear L'oreal teint idole- they have nice ivory shades that don't turn orangey on me and I'm lilly white. 

And i use the urban decay razor finish powder over that- it's non tinted. 

I have very sensitive skin and neither of those make me break out!
  • Origins has an AMAZING powder foundation that comes in a great light color.  I'm much like you - I always just go for the lightest color available, and a lot of brands don't carry anything light enough.  The Origins color is great, plus the formula is very sensitive.  I would highly recommend.
  • My favorite powder is a cheapish one, physician's formula powder in translucent.  It's just a hair more tinted that completely clear, and it works on my sensitive ultra-pale combination skin.

I don't use their foundation, the light is not quite light enough although it is nicely neutral toned in between pink/yellow which is my coloring also.
  • I love Clinique's Stay True makeup (I wear the shade "Stay Light") - it's great for my combo skin.
    Anniversary
  • I use Sheer Cover, and I love it. I am very pale and also have combo skin... I use the light concealer and the bisque powder mineral foundation, but in the winter I mix Cover Girl trublend minreals finishing veil into the powder foundtation because it is a tad too dark.

HTH!
  • The only foundation I have ever found to be fair enough for my skin is NARS sheer glow in the shade Siberia.  It looks a little yellow in the bottle but once blended onto the skin does such a wonderful job of nuetralizing any red in my skin.  In the winter I add a product called "zero minus" by the brand Face Atelier, You just add a drop to your liquid foundation until it lightens your foundation to the shade you need. A bit expensive but the most amazing product I have ever found in my life!!!!!!! I had to buy it offline though, but so worth the wait to get it in the mail!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards