Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Anybody that's used Crest Whitening Strips

So I decided to try the Crest Whitening strips. I'm using the 7 day kit (Or the "Premium"). I'm 3 days in (And have seen tiny results already: yay!) , and I am experiencing the tooth sensitivity they warn you about ... which is annoying. But I'm actually dealing with that part ok.What I want to know, for anybody that has used these, is if you experienced the extremely painful "burning" feeling while the strips are actually on? The first treatment or 2 was fine, but 4 or 5 strips in, I'm experience searing pain on contact with the strips ... and the pain pretty much doesn't subside until I remove them 30 minutes later.Is this "normal"? Should I call it quits now, or press on for the remaining 7 days repeating the "pain is beauty" mantra?

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar

Re: Anybody that's used Crest Whitening Strips

• Options
    I've used whitening strips before and had to cut back to every other day or every 3 days to let my gums heal in between applications (because of the burning on application and increased teeth sensitivity). And they work just as well spreading them out over a few more days.
  • Options
    I never have this problem but my sister does- she just does it a few days apart- you still see results it's just not a quick 7 day thing-- more like 13 or 14. I'd rather take a little longer than deal with that burning pain for a half hour everyday. Try to space em out- GL
  • Options
    I had pain and sensitivity really bad when I used them.  I tried spacing apart by a couple days too but didn't seem to help much.  I switched to GOSMILE and my teeth haven't been bothered by that.
  • Options
    I did have some minor sensitivity during the treatment, but not any pain or burning feeling, it doesn´t sound good at all. I would try to use them less frequently, like twice a week to see if the irritation would go down. Or I would quit using them, sounds like your gum and teeth are really sensitive. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had to stop using crest strips bc they made my teeth so sensitive (which are sensitive to begin with!).  This is what I do now:  I use a sensitivity toothpaste (crest, I believe) every day.  I bought one of the rembrandt 2 hour whitening kits, with the mouth trays.  They're on for 20 mins, off for 10, but you can break it up so you only do it once a day if you want.  Also, you add the gel, so you can put on as little (or as much, although I don't recommend it) as you want.I notice amazing whitening in two applications, and my teeth are much less affected by this than the strips.  My only warning is to be careful with how much gel you put on, bc if there is way too much extra and it gets on your gums consistently, it will burn.  And hurt for a couple days!
  • Options
    Are you brushing your teeth right before you put the strips on?  If so, that might be why your gums are having a bad reaction. 
  • Options
    I've been trying to keep brushing and whitening separated by at least an hour (I did read the warning on the box about that). The pain things just seemed weird to me because prior to the strips I've never had tooth sensitivity before ... which I had a feeling that it would happen. I just wasn't expecting having the strips actually ON hurt so much.I have been getting pretty nice results otherwise, so I think I will finish up the kit ... but I will space out the remaining treatments over the next week or so. I've never really used anything like this before, and my mouth is probably just in shock from the foreign chemicals.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    The one thing i would be VERY careful about is DONT FALL ASLEEP WITH THEM IN!!!!!Trust me, I did that (accidentally of course) and it felt like everytime i smiled someone threw a fastball at my face. OMG, the craziest pain ever (besides giving birth....twice)Good Luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My little man all ready to bat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards