Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Clinical Strength Deodorant?

Did anyone use any of the clinical strength deodorants on their wedding day, or anyone use them regularly? I was considering getting the Dove clinical strength, because I usually use the Dove invisible solid, just for extra protection, but I'm wondering if it really will make a difference, and also if it leaves any type of residue since it's not an invisible deodorant. I've read both good and bad reviews. Anyone have any info/opinions? Thanks!!

Re: Clinical Strength Deodorant?

• Options
    I use the Secret Clinical Strength on a daily basis - it blends in well and I don't have any problems with staining.  It keeps me very dry - which I had problems with with other deodorants.  I haven't tried the Dove version of the clinical strength though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've been using the Dove and I don't think it's as good as Secret.
  • Options
    I used the secret - put it on the night before and then just used my regular deodorant the day of - no residue or anything to worry about.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    thanks for the input!
  • Options
    I use Secret Clinical and I SWEAR by it. I started using it when if first came out and it works wonders. I even let my friend borrow it when she was getting married. I was her MOH and she forgot her deoderant. Near the end of the night she was still dry and so was I. I buy the waterproof kind now just in case. LOVE IT!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Clinical Secret! It's the best. Put it on the night before your wedding, too.
  • Options
    I use secret clinical strength "waterproof" formula-- it's AMAZING!
  • Options
    What about trying Certain Dri?  You can get it at walgreens in the deoderant section.  You put it on at night and it clogs the sweat glands so no smell or wetness.  After 7 straight days, you just use it periodically.  I have been using it off an on for 4 years - works wonders.  I barely need deoderant and I don't have a single worry about underarm wetness on my wedding day.  Don't put it on after you shave, that's why you use it at night - it will burn like fire on just shaved skin!
  • Options
    fair word of warning - if you are going to switch products do it BEFORE the week of your wedding.  I have very sensitive skin and when I tried clinical strength deodorant I ended up getting clogged pores that looked horrible and ended up painful.  I'm sure that's not a common response to the product but with anything its better to be safe and try it before. 
  • Options
    I also recommend the Certain Dri.  You can get it at most pharmacies and I think I've seen it at Target too. If you have a couple weeks before your wedding I would definitely go with this since it will give your skin time to get used to it and get the full benefit. I've been using it for a long time, and I've gotten to the point now where I don't have to put on any type of deodorant in the morning ever, I just use the Certain Dri once or twice a week at night. It's AMAZING!
  • Options
    This is probably a dumb question, but PP says to put it on the night before (talking about the secret clinical strength, not certaindri).  Does this mean you can't shower in the morning? Or does it clog your pores overnight and you just re-shower in the morning and apply deodorant like normal?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You just re-shower in the morning and re-apply like normal. I ended up getting the Secret Clinical Strength for Sensitvie Skin. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow!
  • Options
    supposedly it's best to apply all deodorant the night before it has a chance to "set in" and then even if you shower the next morning assuming you don't scrub the hell out of your arm pits it stays in, so there is no need to reapply I've done this before and it seems to work.  I remember reading the tip forever ago in a magazine but I don't remember the exact source.
  • Options
    not a fan of Certain Dri. I've been using Dove Clinical Strength, but I may switch to Secret.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I've tried all the clinical strength stuff and haven't been happy with any of it.  The only thing that works for me is the Certain Dri.  As PP said, though, if you put it on just out of the shower it will burn and itch. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards