Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

makeup: near vs. far

I had a trial run of makeup today.  The makeup artist told me that even though up close it will look like "makeup, makeup, makeup" that it will look great in pictures.  After looking it over, when I'm about three or four feet from the mirror, it does look great; but any closer to the mirror and it's way too heavy and makes me look about 10 years older.  I am not sure I'm comfortable with it.  I usually don't wear much makeup, but I don't want to look washed out in photos either.  Has anyone else had the same problem with the near vs. far thing?Just as a backup, I'm going to check out the clinique counter at the mall and see if I can get a test run there.  I'm going to talk to my photographer to see what he recommends too.

Re: makeup: near vs. far

• Options
    If you are a natural girl, I would just find a foundation and a light powder, to even you out.  Natural shadow, a bit of blush and plenty of mascara, or fakes.  In my opinion your fi should be able to recognize you and you should be comfortable and feel beautiful!
  • Options
    trust your gut- if you don't feel right, it will affect the way you feel and act on your wedding day (it will probably make you feel very self conscious as you interact with all of your guests). i ended up going with a super light, dewy foundation and a lightly smoked out eye with individual false lashes (not a whole lash) and was very happy with the result. i also feel that my photos turned out great.clinique, bobby brown, and prescriptives are all great counters to try for a more natural wedding day look.
  • Options
    I agree with pp.  Don't do anything tha is going to make you feel uncomfortable or self concious on your wedding day.  Try some other options and hopefully you will find the right match.  Not all kinds of make-up or all make-up artists work well with everyone... you just gotta find the right person/stuff for you.  I also agree with PP's suggestions for make-up counters.  I love wearing make-up and have had some of my best done at a make-up counter at Macy's... I love Clinique, Bobbi Brown and MAC.  MAC is a little brighter on the colors but they have done a great job wiht making my foundation blend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with pp's. and would just add that I'm planning on doing my own make-up, but will probably do some trial runs. I want to make sure I like how I look in person first, but also take some photos to make sure there's not something that stands out in pictures but not in the mirror - too pale, etc. I know photos are important, but how awful would it be to have great pictures for yourself while your guests remembers you looking like a ghost/clown/open-casket-corpse on your wedding day.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I ended up going to a Clinique counter at the mall today, and the makeup I had done there looks so much better than the first place I went to! This time around it looks natural, yet still pretty makeup and not overdone. I feel more like me (rather than a clown or a corpse, the previous poster made me laugh). I am glad I allowed time to try out different places. I set up an appointment to have it done there for the wedding day. Although the makeover is free, you are expected to buy something. I spent some bucks on makeup to keep, but it's all stuff I can use again on a regular basis. I asked my photographer about it too. He said wear what I want, he can correct the photos if needed and uses a technique to make sure skin tones look accurate.
  • Options
    i would personally take off some makeup if ur a natural girl who dont wear much makeup.i dont really wear makeup that often, but i do wear smokey eyes.but it's ur wedding day! u should do a fresh faced, more natural makeup.im very against the cakey fountation.and, even though it'll look gorgeous in pictures, but u still need something more natural. it's more u in a way.after all, u want to make sure ur fiance can regonize u!find a balance between looking good for pictures and looking good up close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards