Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

HELP waxing and tanning

So my wedding is in 2 weeks and I've done 2 dumb things - solution suggestions please!  Thing 1: I went to a football game in a tank top and now have a godawful tan line - I tan easily and it does not fade at all, so this will definitely be there.  Should I just go to a tanning booth?  Spray tan?  Worried that it won't match my "real" tan.Dumb Thing 2: I've wanted to wax my upper lip and - weird, I know - my underarms, for the wedding.  I've never waxed at all and meant to do a trial run a long time ago, but haven't.  Is it too late?  How far in advance should I do this/have done it, and what is the likelihood that I'll be broken out and gross for a week after I do it?  TIA, everyone!
imageimage

Re: HELP waxing and tanning

• I'm not sure a tanning bed or spray tan would help - unless you cover everywhere you are already tan and just try and fill in the tan lines.  What if you got one of the self-tanning lotions and used it to try and blend your tan?I've also thought about waxing my underarms - I get my brows done all the time and the girl that does them says that she can do my arms if I want but I need to try it now so that I can make sure I won't break out, etc.  I have a little over 2 months to go - I'm not sure I would try something new like that with only 2 weeks to go...
  • For the tanning....If you've never spray tanned I would recommend a trial run 1st and it looks like you may be running out of time...unless you got a really good recommendation. Make sure you wax before you tan! Not sure how sensitive your skin is to waxing so you make want to just stay away from the wax....If you've never had the need to wax before I am sure that you don't have a mustache. If you are really self-conscious then try the waxing about a week before the wedding. Or try Jolen (over the counter drug store bleach for hair)....but leave it on for less time than they suggest. One item I love to cover up tan lines with is Dior Bronze Sun Powder Spray. You can get it at Sephora. It's pretty expensive though, but at least you're in control of where it goes and it can be scrubbed off. Good luck:)!
  • I would go for the airbrush tan!  That way someone who is trained is putting the color where it needs to go.  Make sure you exfoiliate like crazy for a week or so before you go.  The tan stays to dead skin...so if you get sprayed and then you exfoiliate the tan will not last nearly as long.  It can last 5 to 10 days depending on how you keep your skin.  That's what I would do...you can't trust lotions and who knows how many times you have to do the bed and you may end up being too red, ya know?? Also, I get waxes regularly and with it being 2 weeks i really wouldn't do your underarms....since you have never done it.  It really depends on your skin type and how it will react.  If you really really want to and your skin is not super sensitive then do it one week before...that way it has time to heal and not enough time to start regrowth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards