Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

To tan or not to tan...

Hey ladies!  So I'm pretty fair skinned.  And up until this last month or so, I thought that I would go to a salon and get myself a spray on tan just to achieve a natural glow for our wedding.  But I've been wondering if maybe I should just stay true to my natural fair skin instead.  I know a lot of brides like to be tan for their wedding day, so I was wondering if anyone else stayed true to their fair skin and didn't go with a tan.  Thanks!

Re: To tan or not to tan...

• Hi!  I think natural is beautiful, but if you do decide to go with the tan skin, DON'T tan in a tanning bed!  (I recently did a report on 'dangers of tanning beds' and they are SO scary!) I am from Louisiana, and there is a tanning salon that also does airbrush tanning.  Granted, it is a little awkward because it's not a machine that tans you, it's a person.  (And normally for the best results, they are tanning you close to nude.)  They have different shades of airbrush tanning, so you can go as light or as dark as you want to!  (and to be honest, they come out more even/realistic looking than the spray tanning booth from Planet Beach).  Normally, they run about $20-30 per session, and they last about 1 week.  I hope that helps!
  • Here is what I suggest. Go now and have a salon do the airbrush tan and see if you like it. Generally they are only about 25 - 35 dollars. Plus you need to figure out if you like it which day it looks best. I am only doing a very light spray tan (I am casper girl) to make sure that the color of my arms match the color of my back which hasn't seen the sun in 10 years. Honestly if you don't like it I think that pale skin is beautiful,  your coloring is all designed to match and you want to be yourself on your wedding day. If you don't feel comfortable it will show!
  • I actually don't get everyone's obsession with tanning - I am fairly pale and did not tan.  With your wedding being in Nov, I actually think it would look off with you being tan, but that's just my opinion.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • i got a spray tan for my wedding and no regrets!
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • I'm super fair (I'm referred to by my friends as porcelain skin) and I have decided against tanning for my wedding. I've decided that on my wedding day I want to look like the best version of myself and I am and always will be very fair in complexion, so I saw no reason to change that for one day. As I am not able to tan in the sun either, I have literally never been tan, so it would be odd if I suddenly was on the big day.
  • Does the airbrush tan stain your dress at all?
  • I too have very fair skin. I am not tanning for my wedding...not spray or bed. I've never set foot in a tanning bed and don't plan on it. I do not understand the obsession with tanning. Natural IS beautiful! GL with your decision
  • Anyone know...does the spray tan stain or come off on your dress?  I have some bathing suit tan lines from the summer that need to be covered so I need to do something.  I was thinking of a tanning bed because we are going to barbados on our honeymoon and I was thinking of getting a base tan?  Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards