Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

MAC makeup for the day of

I read a post down a ways that MAC only requires you to buy a $50 gift card to do your makeup.  I buy mostly MAC makeup anyways and typically like how they've done mine so this is perfect.  My question is:  do I make an appointment for my wedding day?  if so, how far in advance do I need to do this?  or do I just hope they're available when I walk in?

Re: MAC makeup for the day of

• If you're a frequent customer, I'd just go and ask at the counter some day when you're there.  Shocking thought, I know.
  • If you plan on going to the store itself, a month in advance should be more than enough.  Not in a million years would I just go in hoping that someone is available.
  • Thanks, Kappa.  Whether or not the store makes appointments was what I was getting at.  :)
  • I called the MAC location near me the other day. They do make appointments and each artist is able to work outside of the store, such as they will travel to you on the big day. They also let me know that I would set the price with the artist that I choose.

• I called the MAC counter and they said it would be no problem to do my makeup for my wedding, but to make an appointment. They also said they would do a trial-run a month before as well. They said it was free, but of course they want you to buy products. They said the trial-run is for you to have the products in mind that you want to purchase for the wedding day. I plan on buying some products anyway, so I'm totally okay with all that. That's how it is here in Phoenix. I hope it's the same for you wherever you are. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards