Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

I need advice on hair removal

My fiance and I are both virgins. We talked about hair removal "down there" for the wedding night and at first I wanted to just trim the hair and see how it is and if it doesn't work well I'd remove it. But I got curious and tried a hair removal cream by Nair. It worked pretty good but the hair started growing back the next day! I thought hair removal cream took out the roots too. I let the hair grow back a bit to see if maybe it will come back thinner, but it's the same.

Does anyone know of a cream that really takes out the hair? I found the one by nair was just a painless way of shaving. I was going to try an epilator but I'm scared it's going to really hurt. Any suggestions?
Soon-to-be Mrs Urbanowicz Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need advice on hair removal

• Unfortunately, creams only dissolve the hair that is showing and sometimes a little that's under the skin.  The only way to take hair out by the root is to actually yank it out via wax, sugaring, or an epilator.  (Or, if you've got a lot of cash to blow, I've heard that laser works pretty well.)  So basically you have to decide whether you want to go through that pain or if you'd rather just use the cream every day or two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you think you can do it, I would strongly recommend a brazilian, or at least a bikini wax. It's a little uncomfortable and painful, but VERY VERY worth it.
  • I agree with the Brazillian or bikini wax. It hurts but it is well worth it. I did it once and haven't been back but i plan on doing again before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can come back and third the Brazilian suggestion.  I just had my first this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised.  I expected it to be excruciatingly painful, but it really wasn't.  Obviously every individual is different, and I'm not going to lie and tell you it didn't hurt at all, I mean, they're yanking hair out of course it's gonna hurt!  But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it's supposed to get less painful every time you do it.  It was a little awkward at first, but even that I got over pretty quickly.  I love how smooth it is and that I can now wear any lingerie I want, any swimsuit I want, etc... for the honeymoon.  :)  If you can afford it, I highly recommend going!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can I fourth the waxing suggestion!

European Wax Center is my favorite place because its cost effective and they use hard wax.

No matter where you go its going to a hurt a little but but waxing has seriosuly changed my life down there as far as not havign to shave in the shower etc. 

It really does hurt less over time and even takes longer to grow out but I would time it right so you dont have regrowth for the big day. It usually takes 3 sessions or so to get your hair on the same cycle. 
  • Thanks everybody! I'm a little skeptical about strangers poking around down there, but I'd never heard of sugering. I'm going to give that a try and if it doesn't work, on to the wax.
    Soon-to-be Mrs Urbanowicz Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards