Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Make- up meltdown help needed

I am at the end of my rope with products. I have gone through several primers and sprays ( 2 different type of Urban decay primers, UB all nighter spray, Hard Candy primer and a drug store brand) Nothing is working! On my cheeks by the end of the day ( or the middle of it if I wear glasses) my make up looks... pigmented? I can't even describe it, but it looks absolutely awful. I work in an office so I am not in humidity, I don't have extremely oily skin ( combo skin) I wear a long lasting formula foundation  and I try not to touch my face. Help? I'd like to wear glasses to the office, but can't because of how awful I look mid afternoon.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Make- up meltdown help needed

• Options
    What foundation are you using?

I use either the MAC primer for daily use or special occasion I use the Make Up Forever HD primer.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like its your foundation that is the issue.

In addition to PP's question, what powder do you use?

Have you tried blotting papers?
  • Options
    Model In A Bottle sets your make-up in place so it doesn't smudge or rub off by the end of the day/night.  You spray it over your entire face.  A friend was married on the beach and used this product and was extremely happy....especially for a beach wedding and all of the elements that go along with it.

http://modelinabottle.com/

Also, please please try Estee Lauder foundation.  I have used it for years and swear by it.  There is not another foundation that I have found that can provide the same level of all day coverage but without feeling matted on my face.  Just take a quick cruise by the Estee Lauder counter and ask them to color match you....and you want the Double Wear line of foundation.  It's like magic in a bottle.  Jsut try it ;)

• Options
    Smashbox primer has come very highly recommended to me. hth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I've become a big fan of Make Up forever.  You might want to try their starter kit to see if you like it.  It comes with the primer, a full bottle of foundation and their microfinishing powder which I'm completely in love with.  I used be in make up meltdown by the end of the day, but this stuff controls shine wonderfully and sets my foundation (I too have combo skin).   I save the primer for special occasions and use a Nars primer daily (that's pretty good too), but the biggest game changer for me lately is definitely the MUF microfinishing powder.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am using Revlon... I think. I honestly can't remember. I am very very fair and it is extremely hard to find anything to match my skin tone. I do use blotting papers and I also use a powder brush over my oily areas ( sans powder) but that doesn't seem to help either. I think maybe a change in foundation is in order. I never invest because I have yet to find anything non drug store that matches. Time to suck it up and invest I suppose :) Any recs for a good foundation that is long lasting AND is good for fair with pink undertones? 
  • Options

You know I am an Estee Lauder girl so I would start there first--try the Double Wear which means you can skip the powder.  Ir provides a natural matte finish without looking cakey.

If E.L. doesn't have anything for your skin tone, then try Clinique.

Drugstore foundations tend to cause breakouts, uneven skin tone, fades by the end of the day, etc.  That is why E. Lauder, Clinique, etc. foundation is so much more expensive....b/c it works and doesn't cause those problems :)

I really hope you do find something that works for you.

• Options
    I like the Lancome Teint Idole.  It comes in lots of fair shades and LASTS FOREVER.

I had a girl at the Lancome counter color match me and gave me a little trial tube, which was awesome.
  • Options
    I personally think that primer and setting powder are needed to make makeup last.  Also, be realistic about your makeup.  For days when I go our after work, I carry a compact and do a light touchup of foundation and blush.  Maybe a quick touchup after lunch will do the trick.  
  • Options
    I got another drug store brand to last me through this week until I can get to a Sephora or department store and you know what? it is still on and no pigmentation on my cheeks! The one I had before was Loreal and I picked up Revlon Color stay last night. I am still going to look into the brands suggested, but so far so good here. Now I can meet with clients at a moment's notice and not have to wonder how my make-up looks, woo hoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards