Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Having trouble with hair/makeup

I don't generally wear a lot of make up (just mascara), and so I have no idea if I should have my makeup done professionally or what.
My other issue is my hair. It's pinstraight and long and blah.
It's a little below my boobs (sorry don't have another way to explain it hah) and like I said, pretty straight. I'd like to do it up, but not all pinned to my head. Or I'm open to other suggestions.. anybody have any pictures of hairstyles they've seen done with this type of hair?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Having trouble with hair/makeup

• Options
    Do you have a Pinterest account? I've found tons of inspiration pictures on there. Also, since you don't normally wear alot of makeup, do you want to go all out on your wedding day? Maybe have a makeover done at a Sephora or spa near you to see what you would like on yourself.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi there!  My name is Jonny Polizzi and I am a new york based wedding make up artist.  I would love to talk to you about make up and ideas.  Feel free to look at my website and shoot me an email.  Look forward to hearing from you!

• Options
    I wear very little makeup on a daily basis and I am getting my makeup done for my wedding. I normally wear mascara, blush and bare minerals (sometimes). For my wedding I wanted to look natural but a little more glammed up so I'm going with airbrush makeup. I love it! It looks flawless and feels very light. That might be a great option for you too.
  • Options
    I am a Mary Kay Consultant and I have been trained on make up application techniques. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at fayebowles@marykay.com. If you are in northern california, i can come to you and give you and your ladies a microderm abrasion pampering session and give a detailed explaination/demonstration. If not, we can skype or  tango!
  • Options
    I have pretty much the same kind of hair (it will be your length by the time I get married, but right now it's kind of short). I'm wondering what I will be able to do as well. My hair is really fine and doesn't hold styles well. I might check out Pinterest...

As for make-up, like a PP said, airbrushing seems like the way to go if you want to look natural but a little more glam. A friend who never wears make-up got airbrushed for her wedding, and then the make-up artist did bareminerals eye and lip products. She looked amazing!

Are you having a day or a night wedding? If it's during the day, it should be more subtle, so you might be able to do it yourself, just adding maybe some foundation and light eyeshadow to your regular routine. If it's at night, maybe you could get a professional to do the above, with maybe a kind of smoky eye?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards