Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MUFE HD

Hey ladies,

I am experimenting with what kind of foundation I want my MUA to put on me for the wedding b/c I wasn't a fan of the airbrushing.  I felt it was super sheer and not good for any problems.  I have some hyperpigmentation from some recent breakouts right now (though I am 5 months away thank goodness) and I have some indented scars.  I find the clarins primer in the little red jar helps with texture issues some but I'm wondering what foundation would be best.  I was told the makeup forever HD, which I've been experiementing with but I feel it is a bit sheer.  I think it might look better in photos than it does in person for some odd reason.  Has anyone tried estee lauder double wear? I see all these great reviews for it but it has spf in it, which I know they discourage for photos.  Any feedback appreciated.

Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MUFE HD

• I wore MUFE HD and I LOVED it. It is also my daily wear makeup and I just love it.
    You might try going to Sephora and getting a consultant to help you with a couple of different brands to see what else you might like. That's how I got into MUFE.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_estee-lauder-double-wear-vs-mufe-hd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:20998ba1-70cc-4616-8617-0dbf6481a905Post:457ca1ea-bfa7-46ce-99ed-b3d47d1d26f2">Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MUFE HD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore MUFE HD and I LOVED it. It is also my daily wear makeup and I just love it. You might try going to Sephora and getting a consultant to help you with a couple of different brands to see what else you might like. That's how I got into MUFE.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

You know for some reason I think the MUFE HD looks better in photos than it does in person.  I just find it sheer.  Maybe I'm not layering or applying right? I bought myself one of those pro stippling brushes from sephora as well and I have the finishing powder.  The tricky thing is many foundations have spf in them :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_estee-lauder-double-wear-vs-mufe-hd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:20998ba1-70cc-4616-8617-0dbf6481a905Post:e22d5f81-f207-4c31-91bc-a69ec7b724b6">Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MUFE HD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Estee Lauder Double Wear vs MUFE HD : You know for some reason I think the MUFE HD looks better in photos than it does in person.  I just find it sheer.  Maybe I'm not layering or applying right? I bought myself one of those pro stippling brushes from sephora as well and I have the finishing powder.  The tricky thing is many foundations have spf in them :(
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]

<div>UGH yes, I hate foundation with SPF. Watch this youtube video </div><div><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex33wtqnNz8" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex33wtqnNz8</a></div><div>
    </div><div>The girl has really bad cystic acne and she goes step by step how she covers it every day, and I LOVE it. She uses a lot of expensive products, but it can give you an idea.</div>
  • Thanks ladies...You know I am wondering if maybe the shade I got in MUFE HD is too light perhaps? I am pretty fair but maybe a step down from fairest...I had gotten myself Ivory 115 but im wondering how I could go a step down from that without going too dark.  I may have to mix.  Or I may have to just give up on MUFE HD if i cant get it to work for me lol But I keep feeling like maybe Im doing something wrong.  I went to the clinique counter yesterday and got some "everyday" makeup--the even better foundation (supposed to help lighten up hyperpigmentation).  I am wearing it today.  It isn't bad, I have to say! Though it has spf 15 in it, so it isn't much of a wedding contender then I guess.  I am definitely in experiment mode!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards