Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Strapless Bras!

Does anyone have suggestions on a great strapless bra? I am a 34 A and I have a strapless dress. I want to have a push up just to give a bit of an oomf...I've tried the strapless bras from target and macy's and they either give me a weird shape or fall off my body. I also tried a few of Victoria's Secret bras, but they did nothing for me...

Re: Strapless Bras!

• Options
    try going down to a 32A. When i worked at Victorias Secret they always told us to put the clients in a size smaller bra for strapless. Other than that I don't know. Maybe buy a basic strapless bra and get some "chicken cutlets"/gelly inserts to give your chest a larger apperance.
    Our Wedding
  • Options
    Can you have cups sewn into your dress?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've worked for VS for about five years and have spent a lot of time dealing with strapless bra dilemmas (trust me they are the bane of every woman's existence). I would do like PP said and try to go down a band size and maybe add the enhancers for a little umph. Also, which bra styles did you try from VS? I would really reccomend either of the Very Sexy line strapless bras. One has a space for padded inserts in it (that come with the bra) and if you ask at either the fitting rooms or the cashwrap, they have TONS of extra inserts for free. You can squeeze at least a couple in there (especially in the plunge strapless) and it really helps! Good luck!
  • Options
    This is the one I ordered.  I would recommend getting it in a 32A.

http://braexperience.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BE&Product_Code=8949Domi&Category_Code=StraplessBrasDDD

Bonus: It's really cute too!
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I will def try all the suggestions!!
  • Options
    Strapless wonderbra = magic for large or small boobs!
  • Options
    David's Bridal makes a great one! I'm not really into David's Bridal and I normally go to Victoria's Secret, but they didn't have any that were working for me. Someone recommended this David's Bridal one and it is AWESOME! I'm a 36C and I definitely recommend this bra for a nice, comfortable lift! :)
  • Options
    eeeteaeeetea member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I've also been told to go down a band size....and up a cup size... for strapless.  smj, you should go to a small specialty lingerie shop where the staff are experienced fitters and will give you the personalized attention/advice you need.  Tha'ts what I did & everyone I know does whenever they need a bra for a specific dress/occasion.  Skip big dept stores & on line.
  • Options
    I second going to a smaller store that specializes in bra fittings. But I am also a fan of the VS Biofit strapless-- the whole lining has a little stickiness to it, not just a rubber edging, so it stays up a little better. Wish I had thought of going down a strap and up a cup though, since I later when for a fitting and that's what they told me too. Apparently many, many ladies are wearing too big bands and too small cups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards