Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

getting rid of acne scars

I hate that i'm 28 and still get breakouts, but it happens.  Unfortunately my breakouts tend to leave not so great looking scars (I do not pop or pick at my acne, it's just the course it takes) and I was wondering if there was anything out there to help reduce the scars.  I've been using scarzone cream daily, which helps somewhat, but if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them

Re: getting rid of acne scars

• Options
    I'm actually a fan of Mederma.  I've used it on acne, surgery, and other injury scars, and it does a great job fading them.  It takes a long time to really see the results, but it is fantastic.
  • Options
    I too have issues with acne (at the ripe age of 28) and it's super frustrating. 

While I don't think there are any miracles out there for acne scars, I've had quite a bit of luck reducing mine by using glycolic acid exfoliants. Strictly over the counter stuff, I'm sure it's possible to to get salon treatments that are more concentrated.

I've used MD Formulations - I really like their face and body scrub, as well as their daily exfoliating pads (since they're expensive, I use scissors to cut them in half so there is less waste).

I have ordered from Strawberrynet in the past - they have much lower prices that what I can get in the stores here in Norway, but I'm not sure how they compare to US prices.

• Options
    I've been using "yes to blueberries- Intense repair serum" and it works well and fast. I apply it at night after i've washed my face and in the morning. Its about $20 at Walmart.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_getting-rid-of-acne-scars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:2acc2be4-23df-4146-b8f8-de814acb3636Post:dea4e830-a63b-4eeb-a00b-1437c931488a">Re: getting rid of acne scars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought a clarisonic mia and that has worked well for me.
    Posted by levanlaere[/QUOTE]

Second this.
  • Options
    I bought stuff for glycolic peels on the interwebs (I did 30% solution) and it helped a LOT.  between that and using benefit pore-fessional, they pretty much disappear under makeup now!
  • Options
    Clarisonic Mia and philosophy's Miracle Worker night pads along with their Dark Spot Remover...best combo my skin has ever seen.  (all from Sephora)
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I love my Mia! It's great. I use Mederma on my burn scar, never thought of using it on acne scars!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards