Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup Tips

I am very fair skinned and NEVER wear makeup except for weddings and anniversaries. Do you all have any suggestions as far as makeup goes?

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup Tips

• Options
    The best recommendation I have for you is to get a REALLY good foundation match from a department store, mac counter, sephora counter, etc.  Getting the right foundation color makes all the difference in the world, especially for us "fair" skinned brides!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Definitely seek out a professional for the right colors for you skin tone and hair/eye color. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of my favorite make up tips for covering undereye circles is to create a triangle starting at the inner corner of your eye, down the side of your nose, and up to the outer corner of your eye.  Lightly fill in the triangle and use your ring finger to pat the concealer in.  It creates a flatter look on your face by lightening hollows.  It corrects the undereye circles AND any redness that you may get around your nose.  Apply foundation, powder and blush and you'll look lovely.

Specifically for fair skin, make sure the foundation you get has SPF in it.  

Higher end make up can be a little scary - $35 to $65 a bottle!  Yikes!  If that isn't in your budget, you can attempt to mix your own foundation.  You can get something long-wearing like Revlon Colorstay or Maybelline 24 hour.  Get a light shade and a slightly darker shade and you can try mixing it yourself.  An added benefit to this is that you can use the slightly darker one for shading.  A good tip for shading is the E3 - start at your temple, go down to the hollows of the cheeks, then back around underr your jaw, making an E on one side of your face and a 3 on the other side.  Then blend the heck out of it :)
  • Options
    If you want to DIY, watch youtube videos.  I like Makeup by Tiffany D and Ask Me Makeup.  If you have a specific celebrity look you admire, you can also put that into the youtube search.  You might want to borrow Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin from the library.  Although it's kind of old, it really goes over the basics.  

If you don't want to DIY, go to your local board for MUA suggestions.  GL
  • Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    Thanks so much girls! This helps soooo much!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    Everybody always wants to tell me to wear it but doesn't want to help me.  People do not know middle ground sometimes, they like to tell me to add 5 things my first time, and I am like umm....but all of your suggestions are awesome!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards