Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Really fine hair.

i need help, my hair is so fine.  I tried to curl it for engament pics this weekend and by the time I both sides done the first side was straight again.  I want to have a half updo for my wedding day, but have no idea what kinds of products to try.  I just want some waves on my big day. 

Re: Really fine hair.

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2010

I am in the same boat so I wore extensions for my wedding.

I did just get a new curling iron for both my extensions and my own hair--the lady that did my extensions for my B-pics had a similar one and suggested it.  It gets really hot though--like really, really hot.  So I'm not going to pretend it's the best thing for your hair.  But it did curl my own hair better than anything else I have tried.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2490015

Also, would you consider having your hair professionally styled for the wedding day?  That could take some of the stress off of you doing it yourself.

• Options
    I have super fine hair too but a lot of it.

I too am thinking of doing extensions. But I use this product called Chi in a red spray bottle. It's great at giving my hair a lot of texture and hold and will help hold a curl.
    I also cut my hair in a lot of layers.

I don't think I can do curly hair at all for the wedding day.
  • Options
    I have pretty fine hair too - but I am a huge fan of John Frieda's Volume line of shampoos and products. It holds a curl really well.
  • Options
    I have super fine hair myself, so I think that rather than fight it, I'll just look for a straight hairdo that will work.  I like "down-dos" anyway.  :)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    I have super fine hair that won't hold a curl.  I wore mine all up and didn't even mess with curls.  Stylists have a lot of tricks to make your hair seem fuller than it is.  Pics in my bio of mine - my hair was only a few inches past chin length there.
  • Options
    knj- LOVE your pics and hair. 

I am feeling better about my hair down,  The e-pics turned out great and the ones with my hair blowing in the wind are amazing.  We are getting married in a windy location, so I might half to take time and fall in love with my hair again.
  • Options
    Kimberly I love your wedding!  Just stunning.  Oh yeah and your hair looked great too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards