Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Church Weddings?

I'm in a tough situation- my fiance wants to have our ceremony in a church (which is totally fine with me); however, we don't attend church in the Metroplex. As of right now, I am in Europe, he's in California, and I am trying to search online for pretty Methodist or Episcopalian churches in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. None of them have great pictures of the sanctuary and I have not heard from any brides about church weddings.  I don't return state-side until December, and we are wanting a September wedding- so it gives me limited time to find a place. 

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Re: Church Weddings?

• edited December 2011
    I'd suggest looking into a chapel on our vendor list (there's a sticky on the top of the page) or checking out rentmychurch.com

I was married in my Episcopalian church, but we were required to be active members of the church before we could be married there. We also had to do premarital counseling with them, and there were a number of rules on the actual ceremony, including the fact that there was to be no photography in the sanctuary during the ceremony.

Chapels and churches that are open to performing weddings for non-members won't have those kind of rules, though. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a website called rentmychurch.com.

Edit: By the way, lots of churches only allow members to marry there because of the number of brides looking for "pretty pictures."  They don't put pictures of their sanctuary online because the beauty is not what matters to a church.  I would advise against calling up and asking for pictures.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Fort Worth Presybterian is a beautiful church and they allow non-members to get married there.  You can even bring in your own officiant as long as he/she is ordained!  I really wanted to be married there, but it was not in our budget.

I believe there is another Presbyterian church off Preston in Dallas (forgetting the name right now) who allows non-members to get married there.  My church does as well (First Presbyterian Church of Fort Worth), but we wanted my future FIL to marry us, so we could not marry there.

My advice is to google DFW photographers with blogs and look through their pictures.  They usually tag what venue the ceremony was at.  Then you can contact the church and ask if they allow non-members to be married there!
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was in the same situation but it was his parents. We ended up booking at Bella Donna Chapel in McKinney. They only use the space for weddings and 'worship." It's not its own church but they allow anyone ordained to come in. You have to have an ordained minister/priest or whatever to marry you. and it's gorgeous. The only downfall is their communication skills, but trust me when I say it's worth it.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_church-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f001ef7d-30a9-4033-ad20-f88debbe588fPost:ce0bea62-f8fe-4748-be6a-82b8cb883380">Re: Church Weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I believe there is another Presbyterian church off Preston in Dallas (forgetting the name right now) who allows non-members to get married there.  Posted by MichelleAG05[/QUOTE]

You may be thinking of Bentwood Trail Presbyterian Church which is off Preston between PGBT and Frankfort. J and I were married there in June, and we were not members. The price for non-members is significantly higher.

<a href="http://www.bentwoodtrail.org/index.php?page=wedding">http://www.bentwoodtrail.org/index.php?page=wedding</a>
    At the bottom of the page is a downloadable document which outlines the fees for non-members. There are a few pictures on the site of the interior of the sanctuary.
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.kpumc.org

Beautiful church!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards