Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Spray tan or self tanners

I absolutely will not go to a tanning bed anymore so I was wondering what people's opinions were on spray tans. I have heard they can sometimes make you look orange. Are they worth it or should I just stick with the self tanning lotion, which takes a lot longer?

Re: Spray tan or self tanners

• Options
    I opted for a spray tan to help hide my summer tan lines. I went about 2 months before my wedding to try the place out that I was going to go to see how it turned out. I figured if the color turned out weird, I had more then enough time for it to be gone before the wedding. It turned out great, nice & even & very natural looking. The shade she did for me the first time was a bit dark for me so we went lighter the second time & it was even better. Here are the tips I was given, make sure to shower & exfoliate well before going & don't use deoderant or lotion. Wait until you completely dry before getting dressed & wear dark loose fitting clothing (if you can, take your bra home in your purse). Don't worry if any of the dye gets on your clothes, it will wash off.  My place recommended not showering or getting your hands wet for at least 6-8, the longer the better. Which is why they said to get sprayed 2-3 days before wedding because you don't want to get sprayed the day before when you are running around or having your rehersal because you are likely to sweat & it will run ruining the tan. I went 3 days before & tan held up great. I will warn you that the one con to it was that some of the tan did rub off on my wedding dress, but that was from sweating and dancing where where the neckline rubbed against my body (can't see in any photos) only noticed when i took the dress off.

The one nice thing about spray versus self tan is that you are guaranteed that they will hit every spot & there will be no streak marks.
  • Options
    Thank you both sooooo much! You have been extremely helpful!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I liked my spray tan. I made sure to do a trial about a month before and I got it done two days before my wedding so I got two showers in before the wedding (showers will wash off the excess and even out the color). I would do the kind where a person sprays you, not a machine. You can tell them how light/dark you want it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards