Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair spray or gel for fine hair?

I had my hair trial-run last weekend for our wedding (this coming weekend) and my hair looked incredible... but I feel like there was just way too much hair spray involved.  It was crunchy and didn't look as healthy, by any stretch, as my hair normally does.

Is there any kind of product that you can use pre-drying to allow you to use less hair spray?  My hair is ultra fine, but it holds curl pretty well. 
And any suggestions for hair spray that won't bog down your hair?

My friend is doing my hair, so she just used what she had on hand.  I'm guessing it wasn't the best choice for my hair type.

Re: Hair spray or gel for fine hair?

• Options

I think a mousse would work better than a gel. What brand of hairspray did she use? Maybe use a better quality spray.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have fine hair too and I find a light hold "alcohol free" gel works best for me...the alcohol is what makes mine look dry (this applies for the hairspray too) You may want to ask what your hairdresser uses when you get your hair trimmed or cut to get a good professional recommendation. I have fine naturally curly wavy hair with color and highlights so mine tends to get a little dry on the ends. Another thing you may want to try is to have your friend tease your hair a little to help it stay in place a little longer, this may help minimize the spray. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Bumble and Bumble "does it all styling spray" you can find it at Sephora or a local salon that carries the brand. Its not crunchy or anything. Also, if your curling have her spray the strand of hair with hairspray 1st that way it holds better. Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder at ulta- add this to your roots and I swear your hair will have volume and stay all day! Just ask the girls who work at the salon/stores how to use it and they will show you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards