Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Black Girl w/ Natural Hair...Need Style suggestions! 27 days before the wedding

Ok, so I am struggling trying to find someone to do my hair for the wedding! No one seems to want to do my natural hair. It's naturally curly, but I want to wear it straight. I have never had a relaxer ( or perm which ever you call it) and don't know what to do about finding a stylist in the Atlanta area. I want to be beautiful just like every other bride on my wedding day. = (  HELP!!!! I am open to using extensions as long as it looks natural. ALL suggestions welcomed! And I do mean all!

Re: Black Girl w/ Natural Hair...Need Style suggestions! 27 days before the wedding

• Options
    i don't know of anyone in your area, but I know a lot of gals with natural hair have their hair wrapped and then flat ironed, so maybe this is an option. another thing is to set the hair on giant rollars when wet, let it dry this will make it straight but with a little body on the ends.
    this video shows a gal straightening her natural hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q406ucIttLE
  • Options
    I kind of think you should let it be what it always is.  If you never wear your hair straight, why would you start for your wedding?  Embrace your curly! ;)
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I wear it straight from time to time, but it is easier to wear it curly. The problem is I look 12! LOL Thanks again ladies! = )

• Options
    i can feel your pain..i wear my hair curly and love it.  however, my fiance loves it's straight plus i feel like it will make day feel more special if i only straighten my hair on special occassions.  have you tried finding a domician hair salon near you?  they are really good at straightening out natural hair.  they are also pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    I thought about the dominicans bs I have had them straighten it before and it looked good...But I have yet to see them actually style it. I will look into it further and let you ladies know of my decision! = ) Thanks for making me feel good about my natural hair ladies because it gives me a run for my money most times...lol
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the Atlanta area, but if you are into wearing your hair natural but want it straight for the wedding, what about getting it done in micros/zillions?  I usually wear my hair natural as well, and I really don't want to put a relaxer in it and have it break off.  So I'm going to have my hair in micros for the wedding (using wavy extension hair, although it can be done using straight extension hair and I've had it done that way and I love the look).  I live in Cincinnati and there are a few places here, and I've seen them in Detroit as well as down south, so I'm sure there are African hair braiding places in Atlanta also.  That said, I would suggest you know what you want, the quality of the shop you use, and what the going rate is for the service in your area before you commit to a braider.  But I think it'll be worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards