Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Day-of Makeup for a non-makeup wearer!! HELP!

I never wear makeup except for eye stuff. I have tried moisturizers with hints of foundation and about 5 other $10-$20 a pop foundations with primer and finishing powder. I still feel fake and have spent way too much $$! I get shiny later and everything rubs off. I need suggestions, PLEASE! Just to list, I have tried Bare Escentuals, Revlon, Almay, Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, Cover Girl, Mary Kay. I think that's all of them. Also, I refuse to pay someone to do my makeup, especially since my wedding is in the middle of the Hill Country and the travel costs alone are not worth it!

Re: Day-of Makeup for a non-makeup wearer!! HELP!

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I hear a lot of ladies that love MAC makeup. Using this foundation with a primer should keep you from getting shiny. I wear Bare Escentuals everyday and I get shiny also, but I'm having a MUA do mine for my wedding and she also uses MAC. Can you go to a MAC makeup counter near you and have a trial done to see how you like it? Then you can purchase knowing you have a good product. Also maybe try new face washes for oily skin, that may cut down on the shine as well.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you putting on moisturizer before your foundation or 'tinted moisturizer'?  It seems conterintuitive, but if you're getting shiny you're probably putting make up on skin that is too dry - your pores feel parched and over compensate.

I like Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer and Radiance Primer.  It's not cheap but it's super light and natural looking and super low maintainance:  I wash my face, dry, put on moisturizer, wait a minute, put on the primer, wait another minute, put on the tinted moisturizer - done.  I put on all 3 layers just like you probably do moisturizer - just dump a little in my hands, rub together and then go over my whole face.  Some times if I'm blotchy or have a zit I'll dab on a little extra with my finger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards