Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

skin care for the months ahead...

Getting married in October and I was just looking for some of you ladies' tips on products to use. I have trouble with breakouts lately and I definately don't want those for the big day. I had always used a facial cleanser by clean & clear that was the only thing that seemed to keep them away but several years ago they discontinued it...and ever since then its been a battle.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: skin care for the months ahead...

• Options
    I started using Murad with the Clairisonic Mia in December. I works wonders. I was using it everyday and then stopped for a few days and I ended up getting a pimple so I have to stick to it. You can get it from Sephora and if you don't like it they have a great return policy.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_skin-care-for-the-months-ahead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:51a7235a-24e0-48ca-915b-74106de5a4f5Post:59384777-a334-433a-aabb-074e7f463aea">Re: skin care for the months ahead...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started using<strong> Murad</strong> with the Clairisonic Mia in December. I works wonders. I was using it everyday and then stopped for a few days and I ended up getting a pimple so I have to stick to it. You can get it from Sephora and if you don't like it they have a great return policy.
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

I've heard SO many great things about this, and the next time I get a chance I am going to get some!! I already have a Mia so I'm halfway there. FWIW, even with my normal drugstore facewash the Mia has worked wonders. My skin is smoother and my pores look smaller.
  • Options
    I bought mine from amazon, I never take things back so I didn't care! I think it smells good too!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I can't say enough positive things about the Clarisonic.  I used to use the Olay version but it died and decided to bite the bullet and pay the money for the Clarisonic.  It is totally worth it.  I use their gel for oily skin and alternate it with their sensitive skin cleanser and Aveeno's Sensitive Skin Cleansing Foam.  I also highly recommend Clinique's 15 minute Turnaround Face Mask.  I use it about once every two weeks to exfoliate my skin.  Make sure you have a good moisturizer with sunblock in it.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with clarisonic, it has helped tremendousky with my drugstore facial cleanser. I have gotten samples of murad to try though :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think I might be one of the only people who doesn't have a clarisonic, but I do want one. 
    In the meantime,  I have really senstive skin, so I use Cetaphil every single day, and make sure to shower and wash my face immediately after working out to banish breakouts.  I also use a lemon sugar scrub that I learned from Kandee Johnson once a week.  (Lemon sugar scrub--literally just a squeeze of lemon juice on a cotton ball and roll it around in sugar.  Cheap, easy, works).  I also use Oil of Olay daily moisturizer with SPF for senstive skin to make sure my skin doesn't get too dry.

I've found that the harsher the product, the drier my skin gets and I actually break out more. 

ETA:  I've also found that the Body shop tea tree repairing lotion is great for getting rid of acne scars, FWIW.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    You could spend tons of money trying to find the right combination of face wash, toners, lotions and treatments but honestly I would just go to a dermatologist. He or she could find something a lot faster and with insurance probably a lot cheaper than trying a bunch of different things.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I used Murad with the Mia and my skin did a full 180.  No more pimples or blackheads, and its much softer and brighter.  That little gadget is a miracle worker!
  • Options
    Will definately have to check this out! Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards