Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Fashion faux pas or Fashion forward!

Hi guys,
My dress is white and I wanna know if I can get away with a cream or ivory flower hair clip or fascinator. my bouquet would be yellow and cream roses or yellow and white roses. HELP lol

Re: Fashion faux pas or Fashion forward!

• Options
    mrsryan2012mrsryan2012 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think you can get away with it.  If your dress is not "diamond white" then it will definitely be fine!  I am not sure how you are planning to wear your hair, but I saw a picture that looked so pretty - White dress with a cream rose placed in her hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Your hair accessory is so far removed from your dress (and broken up by your face and then hair) that I don't think it would even be noticed that you're wearing a different shade of white in your hair.  Personally I don't think it's a problem to mix different whites, even if they were right next to each other, ie part of the same dress.  But I know not everyone feels that way and some people are more concerned about "matching."  So my vote was go for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't stress this. It'll barely be noticeable. 
    HEre is a picture of me in my Silk white (100% silk doesn't do "white" very well.. it ends up being more creamy which is what my gown was) and my stark white veil. 

You can barely see the difference there, if at all... And those were DEFINITELY two different shades of white.  (don't mind me sticking my gut out for the CLEARLY attractive photo haha) 
  • Options
    I used a mixture of white and ivory at my wedding. It never even occurred to me to think about it.
  • Options
    Thanks so much girls. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards